people playing: 223, servers online: 72, games played: 133,466,725 Top Player: sevah814

Toribash Community » Toribash » Mods
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 17, 2017   #11
AussieCunt
The Angry Parrot

Embroidered [duck] Skin Belt
Clan: Parrot

Great work dude, big fan of teakwon and greco. Also enjoy the hilt guard on sabers.

Keep on moddin man interesting concepts
<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
AussieCunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017   #12
Rouxster
Thrower

9th Dan Black Belt

What's the point of having the intermittent 32 turnframes on sr_wrestling? I like having the 32 on the last turn, but when it happens in the middle of the game it just seems to mess up everyone's balance.
[TA] Leader
~Do Real Moves~
Rouxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2017   #13
Hezk

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Aether

im impressed! there are a few questionable features but im sure you have your reasons...
I could learn a thing or two from you...

Hezk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017   #14
Neko

They Dont Want You To Win Belt
Clan: fl0w

some replays in sr_wrestling
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fairplay. lazyness. 0rder. wushu.
t
eam aikido leader.
gamemaster.
fanclub.
vibe.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017   #15
SushiRoll

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Rain

Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
What's the point of having the intermittent 32 turnframes on sr_wrestling? I like having the 32 on the last turn, but when it happens in the middle of the game it just seems to mess up everyone's balance.

18 frames every turn ended in too many draws, I tried to set it so that you would have three frames to set yourself up and a frame to throw. Of course its not going to work every time, but it helps encourage a little bit more queue movement.
SushiRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017   #16
AussieCunt
The Angry Parrot

Embroidered [duck] Skin Belt
Clan: Parrot

Sushi's logic is not flawed, I train/previously trained Bjj and Kenpo. The turn frames allow for the right way of setups. Imo

--- Sushi looks for realism
<Icky> Damn my mouth is on fire but my loins stir like the straits
AussieCunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017   #17
Rouxster
Thrower

9th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by AussieCunt View Post
Sushi's logic is not flawed, I train/previously trained Bjj and Kenpo. The turn frames allow for the right way of setups. Imo

--- Sushi looks for realism

Well, I'm actually a wrestler. He did it to make the mod more practical for competitive play. IMO it waters the mod down, but fair enough. I'd like to see another version (with flat 18 tf) that favors leg attacks and scrambles, which require much more skill than the upper-body attacks favored by sr_wrestling.
Like I said before:
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
Make a version of the wrestling mod where the toris are farther apart so technical leg attacks become more important. This would increase the skill needed to play quite a bit.

Get what I mean? I'm certain all the irl wrestlers would appreciate a harder version (as in requiring more skill) of the mod while still keeping its competitive nature.
-----
Originally Posted by SushiRoll View Post
18 frames every turn ended in too many draws, I tried to set it so that you would have three frames to set yourself up and a frame to throw. Of course its not going to work every time, but it helps encourage a little bit more queue movement.

The "problem" of having "too many" draws could be fixed by adding more frames, making the mod feel more like a match rather than a single instance. Draws have more to do with the players than the mod anyways.
-----

I'll attach some replays showing the mod's potential for technical action. Notice how you can even see where the 36 tf frame messed up my move's balance.
Attached Files
File Type: rpl gr8 scramble.rpl (93.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: rpl invincible leg defense1.rpl (92.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: rpl monster double leg.rpl (81.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: rpl collapse his hip and cover.rpl (72.0 KB, 2 views)
[TA] Leader
~Do Real Moves~
Old May 19, 2017   #18
Iskenos

4th Dan Black Belt

I wouldn't worry about that kid, Rouxster. Just some keyboard humper trying to pass the salt. The mod is great (though I wish I were better at it.) I would like to see different versions of the mod, perhaps one with different starting positions or different areas of the body that DQ. Honestly though, something as trivial as engage distance or turn frames can be changed locally without much trouble.
Iskenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017   #19
Rouxster
Thrower

9th Dan Black Belt

I tried changing the engage distance on one of the previous versions of the mod but it didn't work for me. Maybe it's fixed now but I'm not sure. I'd try to do it myself but it's not my mod.
[TA] Leader
~Do Real Moves~
Old May 19, 2017   #20
DashSora
Event Modders

Master Belt
Clan: Rain

Aussie, it's the second time I'm gonna ask you to settle down, and I don't think there'll be a third. If you can't have a proper discussion with someone, and take their opinion without insulting or being aggressive right back, you shouldn't be having it in the first place.

-

I for one think the 36 tf is great. As in realtb, for example, it gives a certain role to certain frames. It can be a bit hard to use properly at first, but that's what will distinguish a good player from a great player.

Of course, nothing stops sushi from making a new version though ! In the meantime, you could just "/set tf 18" if you wan't to play the mod without it. Also, changing engage distance won't do much as the starting locations are set individually. You can press ctrl + g and change them there buddy

Deleted a bunch of derailing posts, handed out some infractions. Keep the thread on topic, and if you can't participate in the discussion without being offended, don't post. Thanks. ~Creati0n

Last edited by Creati0n; May 21, 2017 at 06:31 AM.. Reason: beep beep
DashSora is offline   Reply With Quote