people playing: 185, servers online: 51, games played: 132,720,725 Top Player: Wounder

Toribash Community » Toribash » Events
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old 1 Week Ago   #61
SirCBeard

Blue Belt

Originally Posted by ShhhMikes View Post
Or you could read the rules our mod maker just posted

I did, but they're essentially identical to the other rules previously stated. I'm not trying to be a troll, I promise. Quite the opposite. The rules are as clear as they can be with the map given.
However... the essence of a speedrun is to cut every available corner, and while the rules state we "must pass over all of the mod" in order to qualify, some replays already submitted have been judged to be acceptable even though they clearly do not actually pass over all of the mod, as a simple example.
Clarity could be holistically established with actual physical barriers in the mod itself rather than the unclear format of rules, judgement, and perception.
SirCBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #62
ShhhMikes
Belts Taken: 13

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: WAPOW

Originally Posted by SirCBeard View Post
I did, but they're essentially identical to the other rules previously stated. I'm not trying to be a troll, I promise. Quite the opposite. The rules are as clear as they can be with the map given.
However... the essence of a speedrun is to cut every available corner, and while the rules state we "must pass over all of the mod" in order to qualify, some replays already submitted have been judged to be acceptable even though they clearly do not actually pass over all of the mod, as a simple example.
Clarity could be holistically established with actual physical barriers in the mod itself rather than the unclear format of rules, judgement, and perception.

This would involve a revamp of the mod. but this is obviously harder to explain rules than to redo the actual mod itself.
ShhhMikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #63
SirCBeard

Blue Belt

Originally Posted by ShhhMikes View Post
This would involve a revamp of the mod. but this is obviously harder to explain rules than to redo the actual mod itself.

I'm just trying to give the best constructive criticism I can muster. At the end of the day, I'm just a pleb who just got into the game a few weeks ago with three toribash forum posts (including this one) to my name. If the event hosts decide to run it one way, it doesn't matter if I see things the other way.
I do hope that my two cents is remembered if you host future events that include a speedrun, though. It would probably help to have a "beta test group" try it out before you run the contest live so you could forsee possible shortcuts that aren't allowed before people exploit them to shave off some frames.
SirCBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #64
ShhhMikes

10th Dan Black Belt

Hey true. We did have a few people run through it. Thanks. I can take criticism if its given like this.
Not like I'm stabbing you lol.
But yea in future this is a learning lesson. Need to make mistakes to learn sometimes right?
Old 1 Week Ago   #65
264axel

4th Dan Black Belt

Yeah there is no valuable replay for the moment.
Want good art?
Pm me
264axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #66
Hezk

2nd Dan Black Belt
Clan: Aether
Server: etourney

who chose red for this banner? seems alot simpler to just use black

Hezk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #67
stevepeter

Green Belt

hey
not an entry but i did like doing the mod to where i got

got some vaulting practice in even though i quit this game
might finish the mod later but idk
Kudos!
Attached Files
File Type: rpl kaytranada.rpl (411.8 KB, 6 views)
poop farted
stevepeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #68
ShhhMikes

10th Dan Black Belt

Resubmitting mod ASAP. Sorry for Delay.
Old 5 Days Ago   #69
Deox

Brown Belt