people playing: 184, servers online: 62, games played: 133,412,730 Top Player: Snook

  Toribash Community » Help » Tutorials
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19, 2017   #1
lol12w
Member
 
Hoeish Belt
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 312



How to install toribash on ubuntu.
Im not to sure if this works on all linux based systems but I'd imagine it would work. (Im on Ubuntu Latest)

Install Wine; (Source https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu)
Open terminal and type
[64 bit ONLY] sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
wget https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key
sudo apt-key add Release.key
sudo apt-add-repository https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-stable
Now you should have wine installed!

Install Toribash's Installer (For Windows);
http://www.toribash.com/download.php

I recommend putting it on your desktop

Lastly, Go into terminal and type "wine " then drag the Toribash Setup.exe into terminal and it should auto fill the path were it is located at then just execute it.

It should launch the installer and when its installed (I put it on my desktop) just do the "wine " command the same way as the installer only with the games exe file.

TIP: You have to keep terminal open while the game is open or it will close.

Proof; http://imgur.com/a/coAm0

Pretty bad tutorial I know but it works
I randomly typed my username
Selling anything I have (Or trading) pm me I guess...

Last edited by lol12w; May 20, 2017 at 12:07 AM..
lol12w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017   #2
Elite
Zen Mastery
 
Binary Belt
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 572
Clan: WAPOW



Originally Posted by lol12w View Post
Im not to sure if this works on all linux based systems but I'd imagine it would work. (Im on Ubuntu Latest)

Install Wine; (Source https://wiki.winehq.org/Ubuntu)
Open terminal and type
[64 bit ONLY] sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
wget https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key
sudo apt-key add Release.key
sudo apt-add-repository https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-stable
Now you should have wine installed!

Install Toribash's Installer (For Windows);
http://www.toribash.com/download.php

I recommend putting it on your desktop

Lastly, Go into terminal and type "wine " then drag the Toribash Setup.exe into terminal and it should auto fill the path were it is located at then just execute it.

It should launch the installer and when its installed (I put it on my desktop) just do the "wine " command the same way as the installer only with the games exe file.

TIP: You have to keep terminal open while the game is open or it will close.

Proof; http://imgur.com/a/coAm0

Pretty bad tutorial I know but it works

Or you could just do what most linux users do and use steam. Steam automatically has support for it and other things. You don't have to do this :/
Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2017   #3
lol12w
Member
 
Hoeish Belt
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 312



Originally Posted by Elite View Post
Or you could just do what most linux users do and use steam. Steam automatically has support for it and other things. You don't have to do this :/

Toribash isnt on linux's steam library.. Ive already tried.

Windows + Mac only..
I randomly typed my username
Selling anything I have (Or trading) pm me I guess...

Last edited by lol12w; May 19, 2017 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: edit
lol12w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017   #4
zwouter
ಠ⌣ಠ
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 3,989



When I was using linux it actually was working through steam.

And eh, here is the FAQ thread about this: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=31561
Been a while since I've updated it, but I think it should all be correct.
Help Squad-member
& Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!


zwouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2017   #5
-sir
Originally Posted by lol12w View Post
Toribash isnt on linux's steam library.. Ive already tried.

Windows + Mac only..

looks fine here
screenshot 
sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2017   #6
lol12w
Member
 
Hoeish Belt
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 312



Originally Posted by sir View Post
looks fine here
screenshot 

On my ubuntu it doesnt let me install toribash because it isnt supported.
Just me I guess?
I randomly typed my username
Selling anything I have (Or trading) pm me I guess...
lol12w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7
Oxide
Senior Member
 
4th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 888
Clan: Nitro



yeah, it's probably you. what ubuntu version are you using?
Hate Club.
Clickable
Oxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8
lol12w
Member
 
Hoeish Belt
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 312



Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
yeah, it's probably you. what ubuntu version are you using?

Latest version, 17.04.
I randomly typed my username
Selling anything I have (Or trading) pm me I guess...
lol12w is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:28 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game