Ranking
Original Post
Backtrack 4 error?
When i try to boot the Backtrack 4 Live CD i get this error: Failure in evaluating _REG object in ec device. Broken BIOS is suspected.

My bios is fine as far as i know. And the only way i can actually use the live cd is if i type these 2 commands: fixvesa and then startx. But then when i try to install it, it freezes.

My laptop is a HP g62 456TU notebook. Quad Core i3 and 2gb of RAM. And Intel HD Graphics card.

Any backtrack users that can help?

Ps: I have never had this error in any other Linux os.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
What else does it say before / after that error?

Does it run fine in console?

You get the error on boot but can still proceed as normal until you startx?

From what I know this error is just saying ACPI handler wasn't found, and it won't affect the actual booting (though it may stop you from using your EC to do stuff like adjust screen brightness). This error won't stop you from starting x, or prevent you from installing.

Maybe it is just freezing up while it extracts something large?
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
What else does it say before / after that error?

Does it run fine in console?

You get the error on boot but can still proceed as normal until you startx?

From what I know this error is just saying ACPI handler wasn't found, and it won't affect the actual booting (though it may stop you from using your EC to do stuff like adjust screen brightness). This error won't stop you from starting x, or prevent you from installing.

Maybe it is just freezing up while it extracts something large?

It says nothing other than what i wrote in this thread. And thanks for the help. I might try backtrack 5 instead.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie