ES Recruitment Drive
i could find any program called 'task manager' could you give me an exact name pls?
also ive got a CPU usage meter in my sidebar, usually when plugged in its 50- 70 and sometimes 100, when not 1-70
Last edited by Ray; Feb 1, 2010 at 05:33 AM.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
They do not. Infact you have it backwards, having it plugged in is letting it use it's full power rather than half or even less than half by running on battery power. If your laptop has a stealth mode then that is equivelant to running it on battery power. I have to keep my laptop plugged in or else I get about an hour at most of power and it's weak so meh. Plugged in though this baby is a power house.

No.

Stop spreading bullshit.

Nothing changes
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
No.

Stop spreading bullshit.

Nothing changes

This is how my laptop is, meant for gaming so the battery doesnt last long and since the hardware is win it has to use less battery power when its run on battery.

I assumed all laptops were this way but I guess the others are just too fail.
When the laptop is charging it allocates the extra power to running everything better. My laptop on 'Power Saver' mode when charging runs better than on 'High Performance' when not charging.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
OOOO ok i see i think ive got this solved.im guna try it.
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Originally Posted by SLAPPED View Post
When the laptop is charging it allocates the extra power to running everything better. My laptop on 'Power Saver' mode when charging runs better than on 'High Performance' when not charging.

I agree, The same thing happens to me also
I plug my charger in and it automatically switches to "High Performance" and everything runs faster and more smooth.
..::Live like a lost bullet. Unknown and Dangerous::..
Originally Posted by Customs View Post
I agree, The same thing happens to me also
I plug my charger in and it automatically switches to "High Performance" and everything runs faster and more smooth.

exactly what i just set it to.i hope i dont have any more problems.ill wait a day and see how it goes, if i have any problems ill let you guys know, if i dont ill tell ya and pls close it then.
Need to PM a SMod?

Thorn

Well it depends on your settings. Usually it switches to "power saving mode" when you're running on battery... And switches back to "high performance" when it's plugged in to the power cord.

Just change the settings on the Control Panel energy options.

You can set your computer to run on high performance even when running on battery. The problem is that when you do that, the battery will be consumed really fast depending on what you're doing...

And sure, when its running on high performance the CPU and GPU will get warmer, because the operative system allows them to run on their full performance.

Plus if it gets really hot to the point where it shuts down, then its because its overheating... its certainly bad cooling... laptops in general are known for having awful cooling solutions due to limited space. However you can fix that in most cases by going to a computer shop and getting a laptop cooling pad or, if it still doesn't help and the computer shuts down due to overheating (specially on summer), just replace the Thermal grease on the CPU and GPU chips. That fixed the overheating problems on my laptop.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Feb 2, 2010 at 01:00 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi