Ranking
Original Post
Monotony: the worst form of punishment?
I came across this question as my bus apparently took a different route and left me to walk to school, when I realized that I forgot to bring my headphones, and had to walk with nothing to do. So, the question. Is monotony, or extreme boring-ness, for a lifestime a worse torture, then say, getting your arms and legs cut off? (I believe there is a book about this too, called Jacob's Ladder...?
From watching these prison shows they seem to be fond of routine. I don't know though if routine quite qualifies as monotonous. Unless it's a monotonous routine. Which it would be in prison. So then I guess it just depends on the atmosphere and the mindset. If everyone else is having a blast and you can't do shit, like in your case, then I guess it would be torturous. So, I guess it depends. Also, getting your arms ripped off would be worse. Then you're armless and bored at the same time because you can't do much. But I guess that could be argued too huh. I''m feeling indifferent today.
PigeonHive Flap Buzz
i have large problems with rainy days,I can't go outside and going to computer gets boring.To be bored is the highest punishment for me.I would rather get my legs cut off then have a boring week
R.I.P. [Sigma] and (team waifu)
In some ways, monotony and "droning" your life away is the most awful thing possible. I really can't imagine something more terrifying than, say, prison. Even though routines and structure helps keeping your mental health in check, breaking it off from time to time is encouraged.

What's the point of life if you're going to be bored all the time?
|11:33| »» [shark] so you're saying that you just paid 80 euros for pussy
|11:33| »» [Quit] [x] shark [[email protected]] [Quit:]
idk...losing limbs sounds painful man lol. at least you got your hands...and genitalia....0.0....connection >_>
Redbull Gave Me Wings
Originally Posted by WingedGod View Post
idk...losing limbs sounds painful man lol. at least you got your hands...and genitalia....0.0....connection >_>

Yes, there is a connection.
It is called masturbation, which is the stimulation of genitalia by yourself.

Is that all?
I don't know, I don't really mind monotony at all. It means that I can focus on one thing, like the number of tiles or something. :3
Last edited by fat0ninja; Apr 5, 2011 at 11:25 AM.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Getting my limbs cut off would be worse, lol.

I don't think monotony is something really bad, we need to focus on something. In my opinion monotony sometimes help us to see equal things in a different way. Just like when you pass by an oak next to your house and always notice things that where not there the day before.
However doing the same thing everyday for, lets say a year, would be awful.

I also agree with TomPaine, "it just depends on the atmosphere and the mindset"
You know that monotomy is as you said one of the worst forms of torture (no way! :P).
For example chinese used to apply the torture of the water drop to punish crimes. The victim was placed under a continuing dash coming from a stone. Many legends say that the criminal died because the dashes scratched the head but I bet that they died because of madness.
So yeah, monotomy can kill us all.