Ranking
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
YOU MUST NICKNAME YOUR POKEMON.

notevenarule http://www.nuzlocke.com/pokemonhardmode.php?p=1

Just beat giovanni and I feel really underleveled but still not gonna grind since no one has died since the misty massacre

pic

-----
Papshmir just hardcarried the psychic gum

pic

Last edited by Juhizz; Apr 8, 2016 at 11:59 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Might get in on this, but I don't own a copy of Leaf Green. So my next option will be Black 2, since that's the only Pokemon game I have (and know where it is >.>). However I don't have a a way to screenshot stuff on a 3ds, so the only option I have is taking pictures on my phone, which will turn out (probably) bad, and really big. This also means that my run will take MUCH longer than everyone else due to playing in real time, and some other restrictions)

Might start it sometime next week whenever I get the time.

Some optional rules I'll be using:

-No pokemon can be higher than the gym leaders highest pokemon (ex: say the first gym leaders highest level pokemon is 17. I cannot go any higher than 17 until I beat the gym leader. After that, assume the 2nd gym leaders highest pokemon is 26, I can't go higher than 26 until I beat that gym leader. Rinse and repeat. However for the elite four, I can't enter it with pokemon who's level is higher than the champions highest level pokemon.)

-Using dupes clause, however if I don't find a new pokemon within 5 encounters, I don't catch a pokemon on that route

-My challenge ends when I beat the champion on Challenge Mode (unlocked after beating the champion on normal)

-No legendaries (this should be a given tbh)

I might add/remove some of these restrictions, so these might change. Will start this sometime next week

nevermind. Can't delete this message for some reason. Any lmod can delete this post.
Last edited by Rfifan; Apr 9, 2016 at 01:41 PM.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020
Been playing this entirely too much and I'm at the plateau now

Still no deaths since misty, still massively underleveled (34-48 )

Gotta start the first grind of the run because iirc lance and rival have like full party lvl 60s and I don't think I can just abuse type advantages hard enough to win with that level gap.

Also caught kingler and vulpix and boxed nidoqueen and dugtrio because they were pretty much waste of space in my party. (also have like 8 other alive pokes boxed)
[duck] 01101000 01101001 01110000 01101111 01110100 01101001 01100010 01101111 01110010
Since I nuzlocke Leafgreen on my work pc I cant continue till Monday. So I started to nuzlocke ruby on my phone.

Started with Treecko and named it Treehouse.
First pokemon I catched was a ZigZagoon that died to a crit almost immediately.
Rip Ziggie.
Got lucky and got an early full team with no dupes.
First gym was a piece of cake.
Am shortly before the second gym. Catched an abra in the cave due to my new zigzag givin me ultraballs :>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

I played like 10 hours of this yesterday.
Once Im done with Leaf green Ill nuzlocke sapphire or something.
So far Ive got all the badges and just need to get through victory road. Lost my Golbat in the fight against my rival just after I get the 8th badge so I decided to change my team around and train them a bit before I head towards victory road, here's what it looks like right now.

Update:
After getting through Victory road and making some preparations I went ahead to challenge the Elite Four.
First up was Lorelei the fight with her wasn't too difficult but she managed to take out my Snorlax which was pretty sad, after her was Bruno, he wasn't any trouble at all so I finished that fight without losing anyone. Then was Agathas turn, she wasn't all that hard either but she did almost take down my Raichu, after that was Lance, I just let my Blastoise deal with him spamming Ice Beam.
Now came the champion, I was almost out of potions with only 2 hyper potions and 1 full restore on me.
First up he sent his Pidgeot, I took it out with a Ice Beam from my Blastoise, then he sends out Venasaur so I send my Rapidash to counter. His Venasaur used Sunny Day so that just boosted my Fire Blast and Venasaur went down in one hit. After Venasaur was went out Alakazam and I sent out Rhydon, I used Earthquake and got him down to around 40% Hp so I thought Id use Hyper beam cuz why not but he switched out his Alakazam with Gyarados and that was when I knew my Rhydon was done for. He used Hydro pump and rip Rhydon. I sent out Raichu to deal with Gyarados and then Alakazam. Now only his Rhydon and Arcanine were left, I used my Blastoise to deal with both of them and then the fight was over and I won gg wp no re. Only lost 2 pokemon which was less than what I was expecting, over all it was a pretty good run.

Victory

I cant proceed with the post game because I dont have 60 pokemon caught so I guess my run ends here
Last edited by Pidda; Apr 9, 2016 at 01:32 PM.
I think you can proceed with the post game you just cant encounter johto pokemon
-----
Doing elite 4 right now

will update as I proceed

after lorelei

-----
bruno done, no one died
Last edited by Juhizz; Apr 9, 2016 at 11:02 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by The Nuzlocke Rules

The most basic Nuzlocke rules, as they were first introduced, are as follows:
Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released or put in the Pokémon Storage System permanently.
The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances. If the first encounter in the area is a Double Battle in dark grass, the player may choose which of the two Pokémon they would like to catch.
While not exactly a definite rule, the general consensus is that players must also nickname all of their Pokémon, for the sake of forming stronger emotional bonds.
Also not a definite rule, but the general consensus is that a black out/white out is considered to be "game over", even if there are Pokémon left in the PC.
Strongly implied, though not explicitly mentioned in the comic, is the stipulation that the player can use only Pokémon they have captured themselves, meaning traded Pokémon, mystery gifts, etc., are prohibited. Trading and retrading the same Pokémon (for the purpose of evolving a Graveler, for example) is something of a gray area, and may fall under optional rules. As of White: Hard-Mode Episode 3, it is implied that the player can accept Pokémon that are received freely from NPCs.
Also strongly implied is a prohibition against voluntarily resetting and reloading the game when things go wrong. Being able to do so would render all of the other rules pointless.

Also

Originally Posted by Optional Rules
hough the above rules tend to stay consistent with all challengers, many optional variations and amendments to the rules also exist to further adjust difficulty. These include, but are not limited to:
Starter Pokémon is based on the player's Trainer ID number. If the last number is 1-3 the player starts with a Grass type, 4-6 is Fire type, 7-9 is Water type, 0 is the player's choice.
Species/Dupes Clause: Adjusting the first encounter rule to prevent the player from having to catch multiple of the same Pokémon, for the sake of variety. Generally this means that the trainer can keep fighting Pokémon in the area until one is encountered that has not been caught yet, which then immediately counts as the first encounter.
As an extension, setting a limit on how much Dupes Clause can trigger in an area. If that limit is reached, no Pokémon can be caught in that area (alternatively; the trainer has to settle for the last allowed duplicate to trigger the clause).
Not officially enforcing the rules until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon. For example, the PoochyenaRS/ZigzagoonE that the player has to save Professor Birch from is not counted as the first encounter on the route, and not counting any other encounters as such until they can catch. Likewise, in the games where the rival battle is immediately after getting the starter Pokémon, the "any that faint must be released" rule is not enforced at that time.
Use the same amount of Pokémon as the opponent during a Gym battle or rival battle.
Going to options and making the battle style "set", leaving the player unable to switch out.
Releasing the starter Pokémon after the first wild Pokémon has been caught.
Banning the use of Potions and healing items, relying only on Pokémon Centers for healing.
Banning the use of Pokémon Centers, relying only on Potions and healing items for healing.
Limiting Pokémon Center visits to a certain number per town.
Banning the use of held items.
Limiting the number of Poké Balls to purchase per Poké Mart.
Banning the use of Master Balls.
Rather than releasing the Pokémon, it can be permanently boxed, migrated, or transferred with Poké Transfer should it happen to faint.
The player may not evolve captured Pokémon, but evolved Pokémon may be caught.
Turning the difficulty on to Challenge Mode if playing Black 2 and White 2, which increases the levels of opposing Trainers.
No catching/using Legendary Pokémon.
As a mercy rule, allowing 1-3 "second chances" or revives of fallen team members.
As another mercy rule, if the player runs into a Shiny Pokémon, the player may still catch it, regardless of whether or not it is the first encounter in the area. It also does not need to be released if it faints. This is often called the Shiny Clause.
As another mercy rule, each Gym Badge acts as a checkpoint. If the player gets a game over, they can start from when they got their previous Gym Badge.
If the player has no Pokémon that can use a certain field move that is required to continue through any given point of the game, they may catch another Pokémon that can learn said field move. However, it cannot be used in battle for any reason, and must be released, permanently boxed, or migrated as soon as the player gets another Pokémon that can use said field move.
Modifying the "first encounter only" rule for the Safari Zone, sometimes allowing one encounter for each area, or until they catch one Pokémon in the entire area, and vice versa.
Banning the use of Poké Marts.
Disallow fleeing.
Setting a level limit based on the next Gym Leader's/Champion's highest leveled Pokémon. What must happen to any team members that surpass that limit before taking on the Gym Leader or Elite Four is up to the player.
Banning Poké Balls entirely, any Pokémon obtained must be either given to the player or hatched from an Egg.
Banning use of the day care to breed or level up Pokémon.
Turning off the Exp. Share.
Banning use of certain features that make the game easier, such as Pokémon-Amie, the DexNav, or Super Training.
Many other rules exist; challengers adjust their personal rules according to their own preferences. In order to be considered a true Nuzlocke Challenge, however, the core rules must be in place.

Reta asked me to share some of my stories since I'm someone who's loved pokemon passionately for many many years. I will say, I got absolutely robbed trying to do my first Nuzlocke on Pokemon Red (the original). You know it's going to be a looooong run when you see an Abra.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
This board doesn't let me edit my posts so I'll continue here

Agatha done, everyone except papshmir still alive, kingler dropped do 1hp with poison lmao
I might apply some of those optional rules on my next nuzlocke run.

Goodluck with Lance and the Champ, Juhizz. Your pokemon seem a bit under leveled but Im sure you can pull through
Lance done, Primeape and Ninetales died