Ranking
The design itself isnt bad but its poorly executed, im especially talking about the lines, theyre way to thick and sloppy. Try to give the metal more of an metallic feeling like scratches shines etc.

You can take a look at a head i recently made too. Its not finished and needs some stuff.

unfinished head

That head is really underdeveloped for what a 512 head texture could look like. To my understanding you are fairly new to texturing, no? Try to lower your dark outlines to a very small size, just used to seperate the segments of you head, I'd also recommend working on shading, since you don't have much here.

I do like that your head does actually look pretty damn good, though. It has a general flow to it and it's not ugly at all. Good job, duderino.
I think I might be retired.
Well thanks for the CnC guys
Yes I am new to texturing. The only other thing I did was my trash set in MudBox

I will try to implement those things mentioned above, and return with my product.
Great! if you really want to get better at drawing and Texturing. Feel free to apply for TAU whenever you feel ready!
Okay so I started on another head instead, cus I was feeling it.
How's this one?

-----
Also I was messing around with the smudge tool and came up with this

Last edited by iKiller69; Aug 8, 2016 at 07:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
There still pretty nice heads.
|Proud founder of origin|
Clan Squad|Event Squad<Biggems|Simga|
Got a clan issue? How about a App? pm me!
Zeus for Smod| I’m a god just deal!
The Brazilian (Dog) Godfather
Hmmm... As a guy who made a few head himself, i could say that it needs some work. The lines are very pixelated, it looks like it was made with MS Paint. Try making those lines without any outlines because they are not looking nice. That second head looks good, but the eyes are really popping out, you could smudge them so they could fit nicely with the texture. And start using brush, pencils are really bad for making textures.

To imagine what i'm saying just look what i fixed on your head texture. I used a lot of smudge tool, because it gives smoothness to the head and the lines dont matter that much anymore. I did this on rush so i didn't try to make it look good.
Last edited by D3ive; Aug 9, 2016 at 12:43 AM.
F I L T H Y.
[Origin] Remember where you came from.
yeah, try to use a light small brush at first, after that, if you want good shading. i'd use the smudge tool and burn tool..

but make sure you know what lighting structure you want the shading to be. don't over use the shading a lot or else it would look over glossy
~#1 Shittiest Shitposter of TP 2016~
Tori-Agent
https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2206760_23.gif
Ex Co-Leader of Origin