Ranking
Original Post
Toribash World Championship 2018

It's finally time to fight it out again!
For the first time since 2012:
The Toribash World Championship is upon us.

In this tournament, the best players of ranking seasons 2 - 4 and other participants will be pit against each other in a grand show of skill to see who claims the gold and be crowned as our new reigning Champion!

Let's get ready to rumble!

Toribash World Championship 2018 is a single elimination tournament.

Participants have been seeded randomly, with Cicada3301, nervau and Nerfpls getting automatically advanced to Round 2.

In rounds 1 and 2, participating players will face each other in best-of-7 duels.
Quaterfinals and semifinals will be best-of-9 duels.
Finals will be a best-of-11 duel.

All duels will follow the same structure:
First game is always played in aikidobigdojo.tbm
Every next game's mod is selected by the losing side
A player can't select the same more than two times

If a player pings or disconnects during the duel after first turn, this is considered a point loss.
Exceptions are possible only if both players agree to replay the fight.

List of mods available for selection

After completing the duel, one of the sides has to post the log where every fight's outcome and mod are included.
If possible, also include the replays of every fight - keep autosave enabled not to miss them

If your opponent is evading the duel or fails to show up at agreed time, make sure you report it either in this thread or contact me (sir#2849) on discord.

If a pair is unable to finish the match within given time, both players will be disqualified.

- Diamond -

500,000 Toricredits
30 Shiai Tokens
Comic Effects
3D item set of your choosing*
Two different color packs of your choosing**
Lifetime VIP subscription
World Champion 2018 Usertitle !
160x200px forum avatar of your choosing

- McFarbo -

375,000 Toricredits
25 Shiai Tokens
Comic Effects
3D item set of your choosing*
Color pack of your choosing**
VIP subscription for one year

- Gentleman -

250,000 TC
20 Shiai Tokens
Comic Effects
Color pack of your choosing**
VIP subscription for 6 months

** Excluding Onyx

Last edited by sir; Dec 23, 2018 at 10:03 PM. Reason: quarterfinals update
not really since its just people who farmed and people who just played this game to care enough about ranked
Originally Posted by Dope View Post
Sounds like cl, just the most elite players instead. Sounds kind of boring.

Implying people who farmed ranked are the most elite players.
Nobody in their right mind thinks that TB ranked reflects in any way who actually is good at this game.
I don't think anyone has ever said "player X is really good at this game, they have diamond rank afterall".
Last edited by cowmeat; Nov 20, 2018 at 07:49 AM.
Instead of complaining, what would be another objective way to select which players to accept in the event? If someone plays ranked it means that he cares about being first and he's active.

"Anyone can be first, just play a lot" isn't it the same as for every other game that has a ranking ladder? How do you expect to reach first place without playing?
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
Instead of complaining, what would be another objective way to select which players to accept in the event? If someone plays ranked it means that he cares about being first and he's active.

"Anyone can be first, just play a lot" isn't it the same as for every other game that has a ranking ladder? How do you expect to reach first place without playing?

Quite simple, just let anyone participate. Problem solved.
Sure, the tournament will take a bit longer, but thats pretty much the only down side.

Currently there are 20 reserved spots for people who just spammed ranked.
You dont even have to play vs decent people to get a good rank, you can just dodge all the good players and spam noobs in ranked rooms.
That means there are 12 spots left for non invitees. And even those are assigned by some ranked statistic, which as stated earlier doesn't require high skill to get a good rating in.

I dont really mind the ruling too much, the only thing I really mind is this being called world championships.
As if this tournament determined anything when many of the actual good players aren't even eligible to join
Last edited by cowmeat; Nov 20, 2018 at 08:42 AM.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
Inisn't it the same as for every other game that has a ranking ladder? How do you expect to reach first place without playing?

Hell no it isnt the same...

Otger games have millions of players, unlike toribash, who always play ranked. The better rank they get, the harder it gets since they only get matched with players as trong as them.

In toribash, it is easy as hell to farm elo and rank. Only few players play the game, and i've seen diamond in here spectating when they match with strong players to not lose rank. Do you really think this just like any other game?

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=599264
an example of what these championships should be, public signup, with the same outcome of course : )
and maybe take in account ranked for the seeding to have that ranked aspect in it

actually u could just have a bunch of tournaments throughout the year as like a league, maybe one per month or two then invite the players who do the best
could have a point system for that idea, and you could have only the 3 or 4 best tournaments count as it doesn't force people to play all of them if they dont have time but it's still incentivizes playing as many tournaments as you can
Last edited by Nerfpls; Nov 21, 2018 at 02:21 AM.
I think going back to hosting a tournament after each season* (also serving as a filling between seasons) would be cool. Using placements from the previous tournaments as a guide, you could host a bigger tournament such as this one.

*iirc it was only the first season that was run like this?

(im)

Damn I wish anyone was playing ranked whenever I was on but there was never anyone in queue
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"I should have checked myself..." ~ Guy who wrecked himself
#TopKek