Toribash
Guys I need help,

How to counter lifts, I can counter lifts but in random ways. Please I need tips and proper ways on how to counter them
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex
hmm i dont think that lifts have a proper way to be countered, the reason is probably because of the grab position is different in every lift, i guess you could just improvise and try to land, but that's just my opinion
Last edited by Whale; Dec 24, 2015 at 03:10 PM.
hrm, you got a point there. But should I go closer (extending pecs etc) or make my tori more distant?
it depends on the dojo size, if its big then you'll have 2-3 turn frames to figure out what to do, i usually hold all or just extend my whole body and then contract and land all of a sudden, but if you are fighting in a small dojo, get yourself closer so the enemy would be cramped up and run out of space to do anything, also you can prevent lifting by getting down low
when you try to lift you try to get some sort of hook in. you use to hook to mess with their balance and general game pattern. in a normal akido ring if it looks like its going to be a a lift battle you've lost. Resist the urge to extend the back leg. let it hang there or contract. it helps to keep you from missing the ground next turn or give you a hook close ready to get a hook. depends on how powerful the lift is. this aplies early game mostly because i find i get a bum dq late game. the same principles used in top game grappling are used here when it comes to getting hooks. so feet and knees. also remember you are longer on the diagonal. first replay is multiplayer, the second one shows using hooks in a top
Attached Files
akido hookesv.rpl (43.7 KB, 4 views)
akido topcoewrd.rpl (63.1 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by monkeyishi; Dec 24, 2015 at 05:59 PM.
What I do is I let them lift me, then I pull them towards me and knee. It ruins their balance and sets up a suplex
(╭ರᴥ•́)
Oh ok nice, btw do we have a question thread for questions like this?
Question: in countering lifts which is better: contacting elbow or contracting wrists