Ranking
Originally Posted by InternetDad View Post
So you don't think LGBTQ should exist? Because that would make the whole movement redundant. It's still illegal to be queer in a lot of places in the world so I'd rather they keep campaigning to find an equality we definitely haven't reached yet TBH.

It should it's just how do you expect to even be accepted when you push away the people you want to accept you

And sure realistically it shouldn't exist, but you can't just force people to accept you.
-----
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post

Sex is 100% based of reproductive functions and thus there are only 2, people who are intersex do not have a sex as they cannot perform a role in reproduction.

Edit: Intersex would be a category of people who do not have a sex, since you cannot be intersex if you have a sex and vice versa its easy to see it as a sex and categorize it as one but it isnt actually a sex

Won't there be a more prominent gender/sex still? unless of course there's a true 50%50% intersex.
Last edited by Lucy; Aug 22, 2017 at 08:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by royal View Post
When society stands for everything and anything, it falls for nothing. With many, many topics coming into play, Islam is one of them, and it is not a good thing. Islam is a horrible, horrible government masked under religion. Search up Sharia Law. I don't know if you have watched the news or looked at protests or anything, but some of the Left have been protesting "LGBTQ+ for muslims," which, homosexuality (or anything deviating from being a woman beater (man) or a slave to your husband(woman)) in Islam is punished by death, stoning or being thrown off of buildings.

Christians already fought against Islam, The Crusades. If we aren't careful, Islam can and will invade our homeland, then it's goodbye America. Take a look at Sweden, Europe and the UK. Rampant with Islamic terrorism.

Nice red herring AND slippery slope. The geopolitical problems surrounding power upheavals in the Middle East are not relevant to this discussion. You literally just went on a tangent about Islam here. And society clearly doesn't tolerate everything, there are still things that are very much not acceptable in society, and will still be unacceptable in society even if multiple genders are acknowledged, and accepting multiple genders will not suddenly tip the scales of acceptance off the proverbial cliff.

If I recall correctly, they care about what everyone thinks and says, hence "Safe Spaces."

They care what everyone thinks and says because when the majority thinks they're abominations or unwelcome in society, and they act upon such a mentality, it results in violence against them. Even when a sufficiently empowered minority thinks there's a problem, violence can occur. It's why they're looking for acceptance.

Why are you suggesting that I hate these people? And if the question isn't directed towards me, then it stems from the way they were raised or an event that happened to them. You can only treat these racists and whatnot as normal people, treating them differently would then confirm their suspicions.

I have a sneaking suspicion you're just throwing red herrings in on purpose at this point. Where on earth did racism suddenly factor in on this? What exactly are you even responding to at this point?

Transgender's agenda is forcing everyone to respect them and each and every wish they have. It's too much. It's like the spoiled kid in the mall who keeps asking for everything and has a meltdown when he doesn't get his way, which then leads to that kid getting what they want. It raises an ungrateful kid and a useless member of society.

Nice strawman.

The transgender agenda is asking for respect because, quite honestly, they don't get as much as the next person. I would feel like I wasn't receiving due respect if somebody tried to pass a law, and succeeded in getting it passed through major legislative bodies, prohibiting me from using a specific bathroom because they're "trying to protect the general population" because they assume people would use the excuse of "oh I'm transgender" to enter bathrooms and rape other people. Despite the fact that rape is already a crime. Or that asking a transgender woman to use the men's bathroom because that was their at-birth sex, or vice versa, can result in more problems because they visually look like their identified gender. Or if I was arbitrarily called out to be banned from serving in the military for no good reason by the highest serving individual in my government.

There's a lot of error and mistakes in this, but I have to leave for college, I might fix it when I get back.

Yes there are, just not the ones you probably think there are. Hopefully, you'll take a course in college that will familiarize you with some of the leaps in logic you're performing, and why they're bad form in any argument.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post

Sex is 100% based of reproductive functions and thus there are only 2, people who are intersex do not have a sex as they cannot perform a role in reproduction.

Edit: Intersex would be a category of people who do not have a sex, since you cannot be intersex if you have a sex and vice versa its easy to see it as a sex and categorize it as one but it isnt actually a sex

I'm confused by your terminology. Something has a sex if it produces sexually. You cannot be without sex if you're capable of producing sexually. Intersex people don't reproduce asexually. While some intersex genetic conditions renders them sterile, there are other intersex conditions which still allow for reproduction.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
If they have an organ to reproduce sexually, then they have the sex corresponding to that sexual organ.

I was wrong in the edit to a point, you can be intersex and have a sex, but rarely
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
I think there is too much energy wasted by questioning basic things, you could fill up all the holes in your life with it! As you are born that way, somehow it came to that decision during 9 months(ain't that damn right ? brother ? sister?). So you took your place like that and this is your life since always. If you really decide to change your gender, making your genitals sterile and take your ability away to reproduce yourself, what is your reason you want to be alife ?
Enjoint life
Originally Posted by Smaiva
If you really decide to change your gender, making your genitals sterile and take your ability away to reproduce yourself, what is your reason you want to be alife

You would have no reason for being if you made yourself sterile?

There's more to life than reproducing. We set goals and create our own meaning for living. Sure, for some, their life plan might be to have a family and devote themselves to that, but other people are perfectly content with living without offspring (perhaps opting instead, to focus on their career). Having kids is not the be-all and end-all.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
You would have no reason for being if you made yourself sterile?

There's more to life than reproducing. We set goals and create our own meaning for living. Sure, for some, their life plan might be to have a family and devote themselves to that, but other people are perfectly content with living without offspring (perhaps opting instead, to focus on their career). Having kids is not the be-all and end-all.

I just do not understand why somebody wants to cut down their possibilities ? This is dump if you ask me. by the way, if everybody would do this, we would not even be able to exist. Humanity would stop existing
Enjoint life
I just told you why. Other people value things differently than you do. Accept that and incorporate it into your thinking.

Also, that line about humanity no longer existing is another example of a slippery slope argument. Not everybody is going to become transexuals - Very few people are. It will not lead to an existential crisis for humanity, jeeze.
This makes no sense I feel like not being in the position to incorporate anything. Would you really like to cut down your penis ? When you tell that a doctor you act suicidal. Or maybe it is some effects of borderline syndome, because they want to hurt themselfes.
How people are changing their gender without becoming transsexual ? And why ? If you have a penis you are a men or at least a boy.
Enjoint life
Originally Posted by Smaiva View Post
Would you really like to cut down your penis ?

Personally, no, I like my penis. Other people do make that decision though, for their own reasons (i.e. they may feel they'll be happier with a vagina instead). Just because you see the 'cutting down of a penis' as some unthinkable horror does not mean other people think they same way. That's what you need to understand.
Originally Posted by Smaiva View Post
How people are changing their gender without becoming transsexual ? And why ? If you have a penis you are a men or at least a boy.

There's transgenderism and there's transsexualism. Transexuals alter their bodies with surgery + hormones. Transgenders don't alter their biology (they express their trans through culture instead). All transexuals are transgenders but not all transgenders are transexuals.

Put bluntly, a chick with short hair and wearing male fashion might call herself transgendered. If that chick went and got her breasts removed and got herself a cock, she would call herself transexual.