ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by illv View Post
Maybe it's because they have been dicks to each other for so long. The concept of a moderately religious group in this whole conflict is really close to impossible because of what's in Jerusalem. The temple mount can be found there and the dome of the rock is built on it. They want Jerusalem because they want the dome preserved. It's significant to them because their prophet reached some sort of enlightenment there. I hope some muslims here in tb can talk about this more because i really want to hear that story.

Anyway, the jews want the dome and the other structures built on it to be destroyed so they can build the so called third temple there. but they cant because the international community just won't let them.

The temple mount is pure jew soil. The dome of the rock was just built there during a previous occupation.

that's kinda it, really.

I think you understood my point wrong.
Originally Posted by illv View Post
Jews vs. Arabs. simple as that. I hope I helped you understand the roots of the conflict and why it's still happening today.

Egypt = Arab Republic of Egypt. truestory bro.

You simplified the whole situation to "Jews vs Arabs" (with Arabs I assume you mean muslims). I asked why you think there is no middle group in Egypt, just your average guy who minds his own business and has no extremist views. He just wants to live in peace. Why do you assume such a group doesn't exist?

The way I see it: the current protesters are definitely right wing Muslims. The current regime consists of the people who just didn't want the extremist Muslim regime but aren't anti-muslim and the anti-muslim core. To you, it's zionists vs radical muslims, apparently, which I think isn't the case.
Last edited by Arglax; Aug 18, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
f=m*a syens
Originally Posted by xbcz View Post
Gazorite said that Egyptian trying to bring back the peace by making a demonstration at Rabaah. But Egyptian also tryed to down the Morsi by making a demonstration at Tahrir. Its not same Egyptian. So here must be definition. Otherwise its look like all Egyptian participating in pro-Morsi demonstrations.

Yeah. They all just got treated in the same way. I read about it and I saw a few short clips on the news. horrible.
-----
Originally Posted by Arglax View Post
I think you understood my point wrong.

You simplified the whole situation to "Jews vs Arabs" (with Arabs I assume you mean muslims). I asked why you think there is no middle group in Egypt, just your average guy who minds his own business and has no extremist views. He just wants to live in peace. Why do you assume such a group doesn't exist.

The way I see it: the current protesters are definitely right wing Muslims. The current regime consists of the people who just didn't want the extremist Muslim regime but aren't anti-muslim and the anti-muslim core. To you, it's zionists vs radical muslims, apparently, which I think isn't the case.

Oh yeah. I didn't get that whole "middle group" thing. There are people like that for sure.

For this discussion I used arabs when I was mainly in the topic of territories and muslim for times when I was talking about them in a more religious sense.

Let's re phrase that Jews vs. Arabs

Jews in Israel concerned with territorial / political / religious disputes
vs.
Palestinian muslims in Egypt concerned with territorial / political / religious disputes

^ does that look fixed to you now?

Arglax Moderated Message:
Yea, It's more clear now, but I'd like some source material or whatever that caused you to think that the Muslim brotherhood had any plans to declare Palestina a free state, or that it were the Jews who incited the Egyptian revolution.

The source material that you're looking for has been all over the news for years. First of all, you're confused. You're using terms in the wrong way. 2nd, it's not specifically about the Muslim brotherhood. It's about Islamic fundamentalists in general. 3rd, It's not about being a free state.

I want to help you understand the "palsetina as a free state" part that you got wrong ( "Palestine" "free state" - those words can't even be used in the same phrase, it makes no sense). Let me explain. As a whole, Palestine itself is comprised of various regions, it’s a lot like when we use the word Scandanavia, this may not be a perfect analogy but I think it’s enough so you’ll understand the concept.

Now, inside of Israel there are two regions that have been already proclaimed as The Palestinian Territories, these regions are the west bank and gaza, now the problem is this:
jerusalem and bethlehem is part of the west bank. the jews are holding their ground there and they continue to resist. The second region in the proclaimed palestinian territories is gaza. Gaza is a smaller piece of land that the jews lost to hamas. Hamas is a group that has its roots in the muslim brotherhood and they serve as the strong arm of Islamic fundamentalists. They’re fighting Israel to gain occupancy of these two areas.

The palestinian territories is also the proposed area for the installation of The state of palestine.

The Islamic fundamentalists are working towards the the installation of the state of palestine because they will eventually get to govern it.

Do you get it?

Sorry for the typos, I typed in a hurry.

here are a few links

http://www.infoplease.com/country/pa...ian-state.html
http://consortiumnews.com/2012/11/29...ian-statehood/
http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/country/israel.html
http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/21...undamentalists
Last edited by illv; Aug 18, 2013 at 01:33 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I turned off the light at the end of the tunnel.
I'm a christian Palestinian so I thought I might aswell give my 2 cents.

No one's hands are clean here. The palestinian/jews conflict has been going on for some time now and I think it's rather stupid. Israelis bomb palestinian 'territory', and the palestinians retaliate, and vice versa. I don't see the conflict coming to an end anytime soon. Iran can't fuck with the Israelis cause the US have their back, and if the US fuck with the palestinians, you can kiss Israel goodbye (Iran has too much nuclear power, and as much as I want to see palestine occupied by the christians, iran is fucking nuts). Way too much middle eastern politicians supporting the palestinians for us to do anything. Even if the muslims somehow get control over the israeli territory, there's inevitable conflict between the christians and muslims.

Back on topic with Egypt, IMO, the Muslim brotherhood and Islam in general supports a somewhat backwards society which they are trying to push for in Egypt. I'm not here to offend anyone, as the christians are to blame in the conflict too, but the islamic values are somewhat violent to those who oppose it (burning the churches is getting out of hand) and I think if the religion wants to be taken seriously they need to rethink their overall structure and beliefs, which isn't going to happen. Also kind of offtopic but, imo, the way they see women will not and should not be accepted in the near future's society.
Last edited by sham; Aug 22, 2013 at 09:52 AM.
inq.
my familly been watching egypt news since 1year and a half i guesse so i know what im talking about theilitary been rulling since forever when thay saw that population don't like the previous president thay was like why not lets remove him then morcy mad it but he obey their rules so now they want to remove him so that CC will become the new president so no more trouble cc is already from military so they r going to do what they like i hope this doesn't happend.
what i can't understand is CC suppirters the truth is so clear i guesse they r just cowards ")
I'm a Muslim living in America. I am a African American. But idk why the military are going like this? Morcy was the new president. He was ok at first, but then he didn't do any goods in a while. So they removed him and started the election...that was like 3 times an election!!! And these riots in Egypt... I don't know why they're doing this again and again. Shouldn't they be tired of it? I don't know why these kind of such things are still happening multiple times but they're really making me a little too nervous. Mubarak was the WORST of all. He was in drugs, killed a lot of innocent people with his shotgun, didn't even make it fair for Egypt as president. How can he keep doing this? Shouldn't he be ashamed of himself right now? I bet he is. Now, what I'm saying is that I really want this to end FAST! Cause like I said earlier, it's making me a little too nervous and "some" more people out there in Egypt.

So yeah.
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D