Ranking
Hey i got some sr 80i's ! they just what i was lookin for so thanks ;P, would it sound different if i got some l-cush pads? i like the bright and in yo' face sound but idk of these pads would improve or decrease the sound, thanks
thiggist
Got any recommendations for a good iem under $60? It needs to be fairly neutral and analytical, not bass centered, since I'm giving it to a friend for a late Christmas/new years present.

Like, any special holiday deals out there right now?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Got any recommendations for a good iem under $60? It needs to be fairly neutral and analytical, not bass centered, since I'm giving it to a friend for a late Christmas/new years present.

Like, any special holiday deals out there right now?

RE2 or RE0
-----
Originally Posted by rawwrr View Post
Hey i got some sr 80i's ! they just what i was lookin for so thanks ;P, would it sound different if i got some l-cush pads? i like the bright and in yo' face sound but idk of these pads would improve or decrease the sound, thanks

Hot tip tight here.

Give them a try and let me know?

You can also get grado flats.

Another tip is to get a quarter (or some kind of moderate/largish coin), put it in the middle, draw around it, then cut out the circle.

But other than that, I'm not really much of a pad-roller unless they need replacing so I can't really comment. The flats and the yellow pads make it a little duller sounding until you cut the hole out, but the yellow pads are cheap.
Last edited by m0o; Dec 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
K , probably gonna gift the RE2's, since she doesn't want anything over 50 (and I can't really afford to be that generous either. Got it with the FiiO E5 amp combo, since I don't have any myself.

I'm slightly worried over the filter system. I've never had headphones with filters that are removable. Is it a hassle in any way?
Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
K , probably gonna gift the RE2's, since she doesn't want anything over 50 (and I can't really afford to be that generous either. Got it with the FiiO E5 amp combo, since I don't have any myself.

I'm slightly worried over the filter system. I've never had headphones with filters that are removable. Is it a hassle in any way?
Thanks!

I didn't know the RE2 had removable filters. I use a canalphone with removable and replaceable filters (Etymotic ER4). All canalphones have them or something similar to stop wax getting into the speaker (bad news). Those that have removable ones simply allow you to pull it out and put in a fresh one, extending the life of the product - assuming the cable doesn't give out first.

How often you need to replace them depends on how often you use them, how cerumen-y your ears are, etc. I've been able to go about 18 months or so without replacing the ones in my canalphones, with light to moderate use (about 7 months moderate use?) without a significant degrade in sound quality.

It won't bother someone who isn't an audiofag.
Ok I am starting to build a home recording studio as some of you may know that I rap. I need some advice on some good head phones for recording sessions while doing hip-hop/rap vocals.
Im a squirrel and I'm so awesome that my friend bought me Toriprime.
I ended up receiving new headphones I ordered (and the amp too)

I put them at the computer desk since my other shit doesn't fit on my desk with the keyboard.

I've also got a cheapie dac going on in there.

Really good sound for what it is.

I bought last time for mah mp3 player

it is Philips SHE9550
is that good choice for that price? :>
gfdgdghfg