Toribash
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
M0o, those three are all really nice!

I know the AT AD900 will be great for comfort as far as overall fit around the head goes, but I read from a couple of people on head-fi that the driver would touch their ears.

They seem better if there is no amp, good since I can't afford one.
Do you know if their bass would be able to be EQ'd up? Or would one of the countless mods from head-fi be enough?

If you're planning to get a bassy headphone, I'd look somewhere else. I reckon the bass is alright though.

PS i have no idea "what three" you are talking about.

Originally Posted by Gmoney83 View Post
http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/k...-32897197.html dude check these out they look awesome and the actually have really good reviews

Theyre ok
Last edited by m0o; Mar 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM.
The AD900, the K701, and the DT880.
Well, I'm worried that the bass is below neutral for the AD900.

Also, if I choose the beyers, is 250ohm even possible to be driven out of an iphone? would the volume increase be linear as it goes up?

Like if I usually listen at 10% for a 50 ohm, then for 250 ohm, I'd need 50%?
Also, should I consider the k702? ~~~NVM, seems to be identical other than color+detachable cable.

Just wish there was an audio store in my city so I could just try these in person. I'll probably have to keep reading on these for a while :] All of them are really good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
The AD900, the K701, and the DT880.
Well, I'm worried that the bass is below neutral for the AD900.

Also, if I choose the beyers, is 250ohm even possible to be driven out of an iphone? would the volume increase be linear as it goes up?

Like if I usually listen at 10% for a 50 ohm, then for 250 ohm, I'd need 50%?
Also, should I consider the k702? ~~~NVM, seems to be identical other than color+detachable cable.

Just wish there was an audio store in my city so I could just try these in person. I'll probably have to keep reading on these for a while :] All of them are really good.

The AD900 will sound significantly better than the K701 and DT880 if you aren't using an amplifier.

Although the bass is quiet on the AD900, it has got reasonable impact, unlike hte K701 which has reasonable volume but virtually 0 impact.

If you're using an iphone, steer clear from k701 and dt880
Toribash's Music Database
lol at people pretending that playing crappy compressed audio through really overpriced headphones will make it sound better

money is better saved for beer

~ Hi there, I dont know much about what I am talking about; for instance the listening habits or taste of the people here. But I figure I'll try to make a post to seem important anyway
Last edited by m0o; Mar 24, 2010 at 07:28 PM. Reason: revealing motives
Originally Posted by Dez View Post
Moo: Outside Mostly

I'd probably go for canalphones, but ES7 and SQ5 are good options.

You can currently get ES7s for $59 from J&R music world (http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica...9458868&sr=8-1)
lol im having skull candy headphones the lowriders and r very good sound =) imhaving em 6 months now =)
Skullcandy and WESC are both about fashion, not about sound.

They both sound positively awful (and look awful IMVHO).