Ranking
Original Post
Tutorial Project
I was trying to get this through Shook and Tamer0 first but they seem to have been a tad busy lately, so this is taken from Precise Focal Precision:

I was reading up the comments on the steam, on our greenlight, and it seems like quite a few of them have been asking for a tutorial to the game.

Do you guys think we can make it some sort of ORMO project to design a tutorial that is useful in making things A LOT easier to newcomers? Possibly redesigning the Fight School that has been implemented into the game to make it a lot better and providing a thread on the forum to complement it.

Since it could be a group effort maybe it'd be easier and even if some lazied out at least someone would be contributing with new stuff

What do you guys think?
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
This seems to be a good idea. If people enter the game clueless of what they're doing, they are likely to quit. Having a kickstarter thread or even a built in helper would help the community grow.

I'd be happy to help out with a few tips or tutorial related replays.
But I won't do private lessons :U
It'd probably be good to make multi-tiered tutorials that are progressively more advanced in concepts. The basic tutorials right now are good for explaining how to play in the loosest sense of the term. But they don't explain the intricate details which are necessary to be effective.

So for example, come up with replays that stress the importance of relaxing at key points to prevent breaking from occurring, or the importance of using the chest for increased momentum and speed. Also purely text explanations of weak points of each joint would be good. Explaining that moving the pecs when they're grabbed will likely result in breaking would be an example, or like extending the knee when it is grabbed will likely result in it breaking.

Basically, rather than explain through imitating replays, you slowly build the knowledge about every joint and how they all are effective when combined together through small snapshots.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Personally, i'd like to help but i don't really know where to start...
"Orgasmis Maximus *Thud* *Crack* *Boom* I'm Done"
~DemonBurn~
Im up. Need a good working plan first.
Things to do..
etc

need where to discuss all the stuff..
Last edited by nblx; Jun 13, 2013 at 01:18 PM.
How hard could it honestly be? Practically anything at this point would be a better tutorial than what it is right now:

> HERE'S HOW PRESS BUTTONS
> NOW PLAY AN AIKIDO MATCH AGAINST A PREDEFINED MOVESET BOT
> GOOD JOB BRO, NOW GO OUT THERE AND GET RAPED
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Yeah the tutorial as of now, is atrocious.

I'll help should you need it.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
ok, i suggest to do it another way. first of all, all pretendents in this "im up", need to share their abilities. what they can do.
(hope that you understand my sick english)
i can do graphics, i can help in step by step moves that we have to do to succeed.
im a little bit poor in english but i can understand everything.

and first of all we have to decide what format this tutorial has to be. web, flash, ingame.. etc.. lots of questions for now.