Ranking
Original Post
Feasibility of...
I want to try my hand at LUA and have had a mod idea for Toribash in my head and id like to see if you guys see it as a realistic learning project for me.

The basic premise is an MMA styled mod with ground fighting / standups / persistant damage.

A senario would be a standard start. Uke1 kicks and manages to break Uke2's leg at the knee. Uke2 grabs Uke1 and pulls him to the ground and lands on top. Uke2 is able to punch a few times but they get tangled up and neither is able to produce any offence. Less then x damage is done over x rounds which triggers a standup. Its the same as a standard start but Uke2's leg is still broke.

repeat until whatever ending critera (decap / score limit) is met.

I have some other ideas, but this is the basic premise of what I would like to try. I do have some programming backround and believe I can work out the syntax and logic, Im mainly curious to know if this project is something I can do within the scope of an LUA language.
Originally Posted by Uke11 View Post
I want to try my hand at LUA and have had a mod idea for Toribash in my head and id like to see if you guys see it as a realistic learning project for me.

The basic premise is an MMA styled mod with ground fighting / standups / persistant damage.

A senario would be a standard start. Uke1 kicks and manages to break Uke2's leg at the knee. Uke2 grabs Uke1 and pulls him to the ground and lands on top. Uke2 is able to punch a few times but they get tangled up and neither is able to produce any offence. Less then x damage is done over x rounds which triggers a standup. Its the same as a standard start but Uke2's leg is still broke.

repeat until whatever ending critera (decap / score limit) is met.

I have some other ideas, but this is the basic premise of what I would like to try. I do have some programming backround and believe I can work out the syntax and logic, Im mainly curious to know if this project is something I can do within the scope of an LUA language.

If you mean by broke, fractured, I believe you may be able to do that. Check the sdk folder in the scripts folder in 2.6 beta 2. You just need to check how you can fracture a joint.

I may have to ask hampa for a fifth state, fractured. Unless you write your own table of joints, and set it to fractured yourself. And set it to relaxed all the time.
Originally Posted by SSJokker View Post
If you mean by broke, fractured, I believe you may be able to do that. Check the sdk folder in the scripts folder in 2.6 beta 2. You just need to check how you can fracture a joint.

I may have to ask hampa for a fifth state, fractured. Unless you write your own table of joints, and set it to fractured yourself. And set it to relaxed all the time.

Thank you for the quick reply, fractured is the state I have in mind
Originally Posted by Uke11 View Post
Thank you for the quick reply, fractured is the state I have in mind

Then yes. It's possible. You just need to create a table, whenever a joint fractures (no idea how to check though), set the corresponding index to 1 instead of 0. Then, every frame (exit_frame) set the joint's state to relax.