Ranking
Original Post
Problem with 3D item and Kiai sound
Hi,

My main problem is with a 3D item I just got in the shop. I got a "Lil Spooks" from the shop for 15k, along with the zombie hand. I activated both and can only see the zombie hand. I have several other 3D items which all work perfectly. I tried deactivating all 3D then only activating the Lil Spooks, but still could not see it. Someone I was playing against said they could see it. I also tried setting effects to 'Always On'.

My other problem is my Kiai sound. I had one a while back, it worked fine. I got another one from the shop and uploaded a different sound to it so that I could activate whichever I felt like. Now, no matter which order I activate or deactivate them, I can hear neither sound, but like the Lil Spooks problem, other people I'm playing against can hear the sounds just fine. All my other sounds (several impact sounds) work fine and I can hear those.

I have tried deleting all saved custom folders for myself and other players (that download automatically when you play someone or type /dl [name]). I've also tried typing /dl ipmanjr . It says it's downloading my custom items but doesn't help.

I am tempted to reinstall Toribash with a new version, but I'm worried I will lose all of my replays as other people have told me that happened to them. I have lots of replays I'd really like to keep. I guess I could create a folder to backup my replays separate from the default folder? And any idea besides reinstalling to see my Lil Spooks and hear my Kiai?

Thanks in advance!
Originally Posted by ipMANjr View Post
Hi,

My main problem is with a 3D item I just got in the shop. I got a "Lil Spooks" from the shop for 15k, along with the zombie hand. I activated both and can only see the zombie hand. I have several other 3D items which all work perfectly. I tried deactivating all 3D then only activating the Lil Spooks, but still could not see it. Someone I was playing against said they could see it. I also tried setting effects to 'Always On'.

More than likely, the version you are on is too old to support the new Lil Spooks item, and you will need to download a new version to see it. I haven't checked personally, but I assume if I were to check, that you'd have it on. What version are you playing on?

My other problem is my Kiai sound. I had one a while back, it worked fine. I got another one from the shop and uploaded a different sound to it so that I could activate whichever I felt like. Now, no matter which order I activate or deactivate them, I can hear neither sound, but like the Lil Spooks problem, other people I'm playing against can hear the sounds just fine. All my other sounds (several impact sounds) work fine and I can hear those.

Again, more than likely this could be due to an old client issue, but I'm not exactly certain. Kiai sounds have always kinda been a little confusing and such, so I don't exactly have a direct solution to your issue, but I suggest updating.

I am tempted to reinstall Toribash with a new version, but I'm worried I will lose all of my replays as other people have told me that happened to them. I have lots of replays I'd really like to keep. I guess I could create a folder to backup my replays separate from the default folder? And any idea besides reinstalling to see my Lil Spooks and hear my Kiai?

Thanks in advance!

You won't lose your replays if you find them in the file and copy them into your new Toribash's replay folder. Otherwise, yes, you will lose them.
I would upload screenshots on how to do that but I'm not at home right now, but I'm sure you know what I mean, anyway.

I hope I somewhat helped your issue.
Thanks for the quick response! I will try updating and let you know the results.
-----
Oh, and running version 4.93 lol
-----
I originally downloaded the game from the Toribash homepage. Do I need to delete my current version to reinstall/update to the new version? I'm on a mac.
Last edited by ipMANjr; Nov 22, 2018 at 02:36 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Thanks for the quick response! I will try updating and let you know the results.
-----
Oh, and running version 4.93 lol
-----
I originally downloaded the game from the Toribash homepage. Do I need to delete my current version to reinstall/update to the new version? I'm on a mac.

You uh... Shouldn't need to? I still have all my old versions, but I guess I'm on steam so I'm not so sure. Just try downloading a new version and opening the application, I guess?
Also sorry for being so late for responding, the thread didn't get bumped when you posted.
So earlier, I deleted my old toribash folder and re-downloaded the new standalone version 5.33 from the Toribash page. When I finally went to open it, it opens for half a second then closes again. That's all it will do. I found an thread archiving downloads for previous versions and was going to try to download version 5.3 instead, but I think that thread only has links to Windows versions. Is there somewhere with a link to previous mac versions? Should I go through steam? I guess I just make an account in steam and download it through there?
-----
(halfway) SOLVED! I couldn't get the standalone version to work from the website download, so I installed/joined steam and ran Toribash that way and it worked! AND I can see my Lil Spooks and hear my Kiai sound (finally). I did backup my replays to another folder before I deleted the other version, so when I figure out where those go, or download another standalone version that works, I can move those over to the new folder.

Thanks for the help!
Cheers
Last edited by ipMANjr; Nov 22, 2018 at 06:46 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump