Ranking
Original Post
Need some help on UE4
I wanna make a fangame third person thingy on ue4 to see how bad i am in game developpement.

Problem:
I'm trying to make a tori, i first tried with a premade tori made on blender I found on this forum. I imported it on ue4 and i got every bones and objects separated. I renamed everything, made materials for each parts (basically for custom textures soon).

Now I dont know how to make a functionnal character from all of that, i mean, i can add everything on a character but i dont know how to animate separated objects.

help me pls
Last edited by GrillePain; Oct 21, 2018 at 06:45 PM. Reason: added details
Wut ? we can rig on unreal engine ? where can i find that
-----
If you mean i have to do that in blender, i aleady tried, but when i animate it, the mesh get stretched like wtf or doesnt move at all :I
-----
tried with automatic weights and even painted them by myself but always ended badly
Last edited by GrillePain; Oct 21, 2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
wait, i try with this wich works perfectly fine on blender and already has constraints, but when i import it as a fbx on unreal i get it perfectly separated heck. I tried by remaking the bones hierarchy and setted a root transform, but it happens the same
-----
I'm so bad damn
Last edited by GrillePain; Oct 21, 2018 at 07:13 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
parent them in hierarchy, it will help, cause the obejcts are in fact separate.
And the constraints just works if you will animate previously.
okay, you have to put the hierarchy of parenting according to wich joint moves what bodypart.
If you accomplish that, you will have to program a script to make you move the joints of your tori inside the game.
this pretty much covers what you are looking for I believe

Basically the joint hierarchy is this

The hip is usually the parent object because its the center of mass.
but if you have found a good toribash rig then it should already be organized in this manner so basically all you have to do is export as an FBX and then just animate it in UE4
Last edited by Ezeth; Oct 21, 2018 at 10:57 PM.
sent my tori to my brother, he know how to do this kind how rig and animate, i tested and it seems to work like i wanted to. Thanks with that video, now i know a bit more how that stuff works. Closing this