Ranking
Hey! I just started playing warframe for a couple months. Any idea for a good weapon against the raptor? The strug and grakata just don't work out that much.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I asked this before and nobody answered. Is Gorgon good on Rhino? I am currently using Strun and I want to know whether getting gorgon is a good upgrade.

Gorgon got removed from the shop, only way to get it now's to fluke a blueprint from a login reward. It'd be fine for bosses, but general use meh. There's way better rifles.

If you've got mastery 6 get a Soma & toss a maxed crit mod on it. The standard damage is low, but with maxed crit it spits out silly damage at a silly rate. It's also got a ridiculous clip size & pretty good accuracy.

If you like shotguns give Drakgoon a go, it's pretty fun & way better than Strun. Only needs mastery 3, and has a charge mechanic that funnels the pellets letting you get high accuracy longshots (we're talking being able to blast things at any distance without the damage drop off normal shotguns have), or you can spam flak all over the place without charging the shots.

--edit--

Originally Posted by -Link View Post
Hey! I just started playing warframe for a couple months. Any idea for a good weapon against the raptor? The strug and grakata just don't work out that much.

You should read up on how the damage system works.

Raptor's a corpus machine so you need to have gear rigged for some/all of the following:

Impact damage (+25% bonus)
Electricity damage (+50% bonus)
Blast damage [heat + cold mod combo] (+75%)

^ Apply that to all corpus & you'll be able to cut through them with no effort.

Grakata only has 4 impact damage - which is it's highest damage type lol. It's going to burn ammo, and even with a stack of mods you'll not be much better off. Even with a maxed serration mod it'll only have 10 impact damage which is feeble to say the least.
Stug only does corrosive damage, it does a lot of corrosive damage (35->156) but that's going to get you no where. In the void or painting grineer with goo it's in it's element, against corpus... You may as well be spraying water.

Time to get some new guns me thinx. And OFC as I already said - study up on how damage works.

Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
The soma and Synapse are top tier afaik

I'll vouch for Soma. Much love for it, just make sure you feed it a maxed crit mod.

Synapse... Bleh. Electricity damage so it's only worth using against corpus robots, crappy range too; there's way better IMO. Once again feed it a crit mod to make it worth using at all.
Last edited by SkulFuk; Apr 4, 2014 at 09:07 AM.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
I asked this before and nobody answered. Is Gorgon good on Rhino? I am currently using Strun and I want to know whether getting gorgon is a good upgrade.

Gorgon is pretty old now, you're better off with a soma or penta.

At least if you're going into tier 3 void, you need something with alot more power.
----------
Fuck, ninja'd by everyone.

gg.
Last edited by -Cyri-; Apr 4, 2014 at 10:15 AM.
why tho
Originally Posted by Daxx View Post
The soma and Synapse are top tier afaik

Problem, rank 2
Originally Posted by -Link View Post
Problem, rank 2

The boltor is a solid gun for lower ranks, although it will fall off endgame
Boltor & the good ol' trusty Braton (not the crappy one you start with) are solid choices for newer players. Braton's easier to get hold of & doesn't have the projectile travel time the Boltor does, but the boltor has the higher damage output per shot.

If you want something that excels at long range grab a Latron, initially it'll seem slow to use since it's only a semi-auto but it's great for long range shots, has relatively high damage and mods up nicely.

Don't expect to get anything that you'll be using at higher levels ATM, just concentrate on getting stuff that works & increasing mastery until you can get to the good stuff.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Boltor & the good ol' trusty Braton (not the crappy one you start with) are solid choices for newer players. Braton's easier to get hold of & doesn't have the projectile travel time the Boltor does, but the boltor has the higher damage output per shot.

If you want something that excels at long range grab a Latron, initially it'll seem slow to use since it's only a semi-auto but it's great for long range shots, has relatively high damage and mods up nicely.

Don't expect to get anything that you'll be using at higher levels ATM, just concentrate on getting stuff that works & increasing mastery until you can get to the good stuff.

Rip everything I was using. This looks far more acceptable. Thanks.
Yes my main weapon is a rank 30 latron.
I need an Orokin Catalyst to expand upon the mods though :C
Maybe a magazine mod will help with the dps. Or a reload mod. One or the other.
Got a glaive today, Rhino should be done tomorrow. and I have an Orokin reactor for the Rhino, can't wait :'D