Ranking
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
Dude, that's fucking great. Good luck at the second interview! You got that job in the pocket. Won't you try and work longer shifts so you can pay off your debts quicker?

Oh I would, but everyone starts off part time. I doubt I'd be able to ask for another shift. But holiday season is busy, and any time after 5 hours is overtime. I think I'll get a ton of hours during the holiday season.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Originally Posted by isaac View Post
Oh I would, but everyone starts off part time. I doubt I'd be able to ask for another shift. But holiday season is busy, and any time after 5 hours is overtime. I think I'll get a ton of hours during the holiday season.

Good to hear that. Now if someone buys your kung-fu beard, it'll even be better. Did you get that subscription at the gym?
-
And also, I'm moving out because that's what my mom wants. Otherwise I'd have kept on here trying to find a decentish job, start a business, and other things so I can move out by time I'm 21(the real adult age in 'murrica). But she's complaining about me not paying rent and still living here, and how she moved out right when she turned 18 and got a full time job.

Reading this whole thread made me realize how lucky I am to have such great parents who will help me in any situations and would never tell me such thing.
Also, I'd like to say I'm 18 and living in France. My parents were born in some of the most poor families in Syria and Poland, they met in France thanks to their hard work at school (the equivalent of college) and kept us alive till now.

I may or may not understand what you're going through right now .. But just my two cents as an outside viewer. I'm sorry if my point of view is naive to some older people , I haven't really experimenced real life yet .
but I still feel like posting here. At the end of the day nobody knows you personally so don't take anything on the internet seriously.

so first of all, you're wanting to move out your parents house @ 19 years old , and you seem be proud of it so you come and expose your life here . Yet, you say you're too scared to take showers in public ? that's what I call contradicting yourself.
Hate to tell you , as someone else said, life is much tougher than taking showers in planet fitness, what makes you think you can survive in the real world if your personality, and self confidence doesn't even allow you to take a shower in public ? You also say you're addicted to your computer .. so that's another thing going against you .. You are not being honest with yourself and trying to live a lifestyle that doesn't correspond to your reality of things.

There was this classmate (High school) of mine last year who basically had the same speech as you do : "I don't want to go to college , buy a house, start a family, save a retirement... My passion is juggling and i want to make a living off it. I don't want to be like the other people blablabla"
and funnily enough, he was the only one to completely fail his high school year in terms of marks. If you don't want to go to college , fine, just admit it's not for you . But don't disrespect people who do go. It almost feels like jealousy to be honest.
-
I'm going to be just as satisfied and as fulfilled as you without having to work everyday

Don't lie to yourself . Who's gonna be happier at the end of the day, you being in "survival mode" like you are right now , or college graduates who don't have to worry about taking their showers around homosexuals , taking shits in the woods etc. ?

I also like how you're using these stats and percentages about college education to confort yourself in your own decisions..
Here is a fun fact : 80 % of businesses go bankrupt within one year and a half. Your "business" will soon be included in that percentage.
-
so that I can live in a shitty studio, eat shitty food, and one medical problem, accident, fuck-up, and I'm fucked

Here is another fun fact : Life isn't an exact science .. you seem to have planned all of oyur earnings and all of your spendings .. that's cool .
What if something unexpected comes up ? What if your mother gets sick ? Living in your car doesn't prevent you from paying medical costs, and that's an example out of a million.
-
And also, I'm moving out because that's what my mom wants.

Why do you say you "defend your life choices" , if they aren't even your own choices ? I don't understand that . It's okay to admit you are in survival mode right now, you don't have to lie to yourself and tell yourself "I'm being an adventurer today".

Any human being on the planet can look at the lists of "symptoms" of these disorders and recognize themselves to some extent .. It doesn't work like that . Psychological disorders aren't like a bruise you can see on your skin , it goes much deeper than that and is different for every person.

+ I'm not sure if your dad is still part of oyur life, as you didn't mention him .. But it would be a great time for you to find a father figure to guide oyu thruogh this crucial period of life in which you're becoming a man.

You should speak to a Psychologist .. it can help you more than you might think, you seem to have alot of things on your chest. (more than you might think) And we, as complete strangers, can't really help you.
Sorry If I sound like a dick .. I wish you all the luck in the world and I wish you become the man you want to become.
I also recommand you watching "Elliot Hulse" on youtube .. no explaination needed . Just do it.. He will inspire you . (not his lifting videos, but the others)
Last edited by kremline; Aug 30, 2014 at 05:13 PM.
I might come back soon, stay tuned !
Originally Posted by Dilara View Post
Good to hear that. Now if someone buys your kung-fu beard, it'll even be better. Did you get that subscription at the gym?

I'd miss it if I sold it, but if someone gives me $250 for it, I'd be ok with that . I did get the gym subscription. I bought a $99 year pass before Hampa suggested a judo gym place, so unfortunately I'm stuck with that for a while.

Originally Posted by kremline View Post
-
Reading this whole thread made me realize how lucky I am to have such great parents who will help me in any situations and would never tell me such thing.My mom's great, it's perfectly reasonable for her to expect me to pay rent at this point in life. I would just rather move out, but need an easier transition at first before I can commit to paying rent and bills each month.
Also, I'd like to say I'm 18 and living in France. My parents were born in some of the most poor families in Syria and Poland, they met in France thanks to their hard work at school (the equivalent of college) and kept us alive till now.

I may or may not understand what you're going through right now .. But just my two cents as an outside viewer. I'm sorry if my point of view is naive to some older people , I haven't really experimenced real life yet .
but I still feel like posting here. At the end of the day nobody knows you personally so don't take anything on the internet seriously.

so first of all, you're wanting to move out your parents house @ 19 years old , and you seem be proud of it so you come and expose your life here . Yet, you say you're too scared to take showers in public ? that's what I call contradicting yourself.
Hate to tell you , as someone else said, life is much tougher than taking showers in planet fitness, what makes you think you can survive in the real world if your personality, and self confidence doesn't even allow you to take a shower in public ? You also say you're addicted to your computer .. so that's another thing going against you .. You are not being honest with yourself and trying to live a lifestyle that doesn't correspond to your reality of things. I'm not really proud of the fact, but it's a big event for me. I have a tendency to tell random strangers on the internet about any kind of big event going on in my life. I've always been this way. It's probably because I don't have many people in real life I'm willing to share personal details with. Anything that I care about to any extent, I don't want to share with someone I can't fully trust to not judge me. Most of my friends won't even hear about most of details of my life. Different people get different segments depending on their personality and hobbies. Just as long as they won't disapprove.

Telling random strangers on the internet has no such limitation. It doesn't matter to me nearly as much. It's therapeutic in a way, maybe.

I'm not too scared, I'm anxious about it. I was anxious about going to the plasma center for the first time. I'm anxious interviewing people. I'm anxious having to call my insurance, or anyone at all. The last couple of years of high school, I would phsyically shake and have a higher heartrate when I was in a large classroom, for the first few days. My disdain for school overrode the feelings of anxiety, but the physical symptoms were still there while it was new. Nearly everything involving a social situation that I haven't experienced before (or with that person before) makes me anxious.

I'm honest with myself that I need a break from the computer. It would improve my happiness quite a bit. I like bike rides and reading books, but a computer and internet provides easier access to dopamine than those things.

There was this classmate (High school) of mine last year who basically had the same speech as you do : "I don't want to go to college , buy a house, start a family, save a retirement... My passion is juggling and i want to make a living off it. I don't want to be like the other people blablabla"
and funnily enough, he was the only one to completely fail his high school year in terms of marks. If you don't want to go to college , fine, just admit it's not for you . But don't disrespect people who do go. It almost feels like jealousy to be honest.I'm not disrespecting the people who do, and nor am I jealous. College isn't for me, and I back that up with facts along with my view point. If I can find a way to go for free, then I probably will. Otherwise, I'm not going to be one of the college graduates I've heard about countless times, working a minimum wage job with $30k debt.
-
Don't lie to yourself . Who's gonna be happier at the end of the day, you being in "survival mode" like you are right now , or college graduates who don't have to worry about taking their showers around homosexuals , taking shits in the woods etc. ?

Lol who said anything about shits in the woods? That's ridiculous. I live in a desert. Anyway, it's not survival mode anymore than living in an RV is. It's a change of lifestyle for the time being. A break before I have to start paying rent and bills. Due to my personality type, I'm going to be happier in my car right now.
I also like how you're using these stats and percentages about college education to confort yourself in your own decisions..
Here is a fun fact : 80 % of businesses go bankrupt within one year and a half. Your "business" will soon be included in that percentage.At least I provide sources for my stats. http://www.statisticbrain.com/startu...e-by-industry/ Year one, 25% fail. By year 10, 71% has failed. That's lower than your year 1 'fun fact'. The figure of half of everyone that goes to college dropping out on the other hand isn't made up. Nor are the others that contribute to my choice of not going. Thanks for the negativity though.
-
Here is another fun fact : Life isn't an exact science .. you seem to have planned all of oyur earnings and all of your spendings .. that's cool .
What if something unexpected comes up ? What if your mother gets sick ? Living in your car doesn't prevent you from paying medical costs, and that's an example out of a million.I haven't planned out my spendings, I've just figured the money I have after bills to spend on everything else. And that applies to living in an expensive home with rent and bills, you know that right? lol. Say I get sick while I'm living in my car, and I have $500 in extra income per month. Now say I get sick while I'm living in an apartment, and I have an extra income of $50 per month. Gee, that puts me better off.
-
Why do you say you "defend your life choices" , if they aren't even your own choices ? I don't understand that . It's okay to admit you are in survival mode right now, you don't have to lie to yourself and tell yourself "I'm being an adventurer today".Because it is a choice. I could pay rent and live with my mom. I could move to a shitty studio. Or I could live in my car. There's an infinite amount of choices. I'm choosing car living for a while because of how I feel. I'll have to get a place to live before Summer comes. And at that point, my gf will be 18 and she can move in or spend the night at w/e place I decide to get, so I'm obviously not going to continue living in my car past that. Right now it's a cheap easy option, that'll help me save money. I think you're far far far underestimating the cost of living in an apartment and on your own.

Any human being on the planet can look at the lists of "symptoms" of these disorders and recognize themselves to some extent .. It doesn't work like that . Psychological disorders aren't like a bruise you can see on your skin , it goes much deeper than that and is different for every person. Right well I relate to it in a huge way, and it would be useful for me to go get diagnosed. At the very least, I have social anxiety or something similar to that.

+ I'm not sure if your dad is still part of oyur life, as you didn't mention him .. But it would be a great time for you to find a father figure to guide oyu thruogh this crucial period of life in which you're becoming a man.My mom and sister and I recently moved out here 600 miles away. We talk on the phone occasionally, and he still helps me with a lot of stuff.

You should speak to a Psychologist .. it can help you more than you might think, you seem to have alot of things on your chest. (more than you might think) And we, as complete strangers, can't really help you.Again you're underestimating the cost of things. Do you really think if I'm on the verge of living in my car, I'd have money to go to a psychologist? And I don't really need one. It'd be nice to get as a luxury, but I'm doing fine. Other people are in far worse positions than me. I just enjoy sharing my life with people, and I can't really do that in the real world because of anxiety/fear of judgement/rejection etc. I am very much so too open with my life to people, but it hasn't caused any problems.
Sorry If I sound like a dick .. I wish you all the luck in the world and I wish you become the man you want to become.
I also recommand you watching "Elliot Hulse" on youtube .. no explaination needed . Just do it.. He will inspire you . (not his lifting videos, but the others)

Responses in bold obviously.

Overall, I think you're way off point about me, but I wouldn't expect much else since we've never even met. I do appreciate the response though.
Selling Kung Fu Master Beard $250 USD. Non-negotiable. Now accepting bitcoin! I'll accept an offer as low as 0.15BTC!
Pretend you're as elite as us old schoolers with this unique old schooler only beard!
DesertPunk

Please click this
Visit Buy something from my Poor Quality 3D/2D/Pixel/Photography/Sounds/Writing/Scripts/Anything Shop
Now I understand a little better .. I didn't at first reading all the responses you gave to other people. I see .

I'm not "underestimating the costs", in my country things like these (taking an appointment with a psychologist) are 100 % free for poor families like mine.. so i really have no clue about these.

And yeah .. I'm not a therapist but I have had many friends who sufferred from social anxiety, and what you're describing is exactly it , no questions about it .
I would recommand trying out meditation, and some sort of physical exercise. I was diagnosed with depression years ago and It helped me get out of the hole i had dug for myself.
And also watching this video : Elliot Hulse
I might come back soon, stay tuned !