ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Latest version won't open
So someone told me that Anime Month was going to be a thing, I'm pretty busy but what self loathing weeb trash monster can't be present and participate in such a month?
Anyway, when I try to open the latest TB version, both standalone and Steam versions, the game gives me no error message and doesn't even open. I've updated all my drivers, reinstalled the game multiple times, disposed of the TB folder's "Read Only" status and restarted my computer. It's weird because an older version, 5.12, works fine minus a few graphical errors which I believe might be because of the new UI updates.
The only thing I can think of that might cause this is that the new updates might have gone away with Windows XP support, which is what my computer is currently running. (But THIS stickied thread says Windows XP is still supported so.)
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard
I wouldn't be surprised if support for Win XP just got cut off unintentionally since it's not being tested on older OS, that's just bound to happen sooner or later.

If that's the case though, Windows XP should be removed from minimum requirement list on steam and anywhere else.
What are your hardware specs?
Try adding "newmenu 0" line to custom.cfg (or replacing value to 0 if it's already set to 1), might be because it's failing to open new ui.

Do 5.2x versions work?
Sorry for the incredibly late response, I have either been busy or at a friend's house. I checked my entire TB folder, the steam version, and there doesn't seem to be a "custom.cfg" file at all. 5.2x versions do not seem to work either.
I have, plenty of times, problem still remains the same. Also here are what I believe are the specs for this pc

Specs

Make sure the graphics drivers, and any other drivers you are using, and your hardware are actually supported by windows XP.

Your cpu and ram are fine.

What is your graphics hardware?

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it

Graphics Card

Ran a driver signing utility to check to see if the driver updates were compatible and up to date, which they are.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
What are your hardware specs?
Try adding "newmenu 0" line to custom.cfg (or replacing value to 0 if it's already set to 1), might be because it's failing to open new ui.

Do 5.2x versions work?

Originally Posted by Seth View Post
Sorry for the incredibly late response, I have either been busy or at a friend's house. I checked my entire TB folder, the steam version, and there doesn't seem to be a "custom.cfg" file at all. 5.2x versions do not seem to work either.

In that case, make a custom.cfg file in the same folder as toribash.exe containing:
newmenu 0
Also if Windows is hiding file extensions, it may appear as just "custom" in that same folder. Make sure that isn't what's going on.

Also, if you at all can, I would implore you to update your hardware and get onto a newer OS.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!