ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Piratez] Literature, Films, and Music
This is a place for our members to discuss books they're reading or ones they like, films they're looking forward to, music, and so forth. Although we already have a "what are you listening to" thread, the music portion of this thread is more geared towards the discussion of music rather than the posting of the song you're currently listening to. Also, a lot of different topics are merged together because I don't think we really need a separate thread for each topic.

Anyway, enjoy your discussions.
zuɐɹpʞɹɐp ʇɔǝdxǝ | [ριïαâôz] | [εssεηcε]
I hate to admit that I'm a lazy shit and don't read books on my own free will. I haven't even watched movies for quite some time. It is so time consuming so I just stick with anime as the episodes are like 20 minutes.

Last book I read which was last year was All quiet on the Western front. Had to choose a book and write a review so I chose something I had heard was actually good. Really enjoyed the book. If you are interested in the First World War then I'd recommend reading it. The meaning was interesting too. I'm not a big fan of deep stuff but this book really made me satisfied.
I myself can't read a wall of text for more than 5 minutes, a book full of text with no picture would emulate a stronger reaction compared to sleeping pills for me.

I always have a Movie Friday Night every, well, Friday. Each month I usually decide on the theme of the movies, be it specific genre, series, or titles that has certain actor or director on it. Right now it's Dirty Harry movies and its continuation.
Recently I started reading a series of books (3 volume long) that I bought when I was 14. Interestingly enough the books are amazing. I will post a picture of them lined up when I can (probably tomorrow morning).
It's a fantasy book about a half-elf girl being the last of the kind. She demands retribution for people killing her ancestors and she is haunted by lively elven creatures in her sleep that guide her way. Really intriguing storyline if you ask me.

As for movies I am really into watching tv series. I have watched a few tv series in my life and I could definetly talk about tv series for hours!
One movie I am expecting is related to Leonardo di Caprio being some sort of badass huntsman, I forgot the name of the movie though.
> Piratez
Originally Posted by Uberis View Post
I hate to admit that I'm a lazy shit and don't read books on my own free will. I haven't even watched movies for quite some time. It is so time consuming so I just stick with anime as the episodes are like 20 minutes.

Last book I read which was last year was All quiet on the Western front. Had to choose a book and write a review so I chose something I had heard was actually good. Really enjoyed the book. If you are interested in the First World War then I'd recommend reading it. The meaning was interesting too. I'm not a big fan of deep stuff but this book really made me satisfied.

Originally Posted by Sicks View Post
I myself can't read a wall of text for more than 5 minutes, a book full of text with no picture would emulate a stronger reaction compared to sleeping pills for me.

I always have a Movie Friday Night every, well, Friday. Each month I usually decide on the theme of the movies, be it specific genre, series, or titles that has certain actor or director on it. Right now it's Dirty Harry movies and its continuation.

I used to be like the both of you when it came to reading. Honestly, I think school originally beat the enjoyment of reading out of me though. Lately, in the last few years, I've really enjoyed reading. The works I've enjoyed the most are those from H.P. Lovecraft, Karl Marx, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens.

@Uberis: What animes have you been watching?

@Sicks: That's really awesome that you watch movies on a regular basis. I used to do that as well but have become quite preoccupied with life lately. What are your favorite movies?
-----
Originally Posted by TheDog96 View Post
Recently I started reading a series of books (3 volume long) that I bought when I was 14. Interestingly enough the books are amazing. I will post a picture of them lined up when I can (probably tomorrow morning).
It's a fantasy book about a half-elf girl being the last of the kind. She demands retribution for people killing her ancestors and she is haunted by lively elven creatures in her sleep that guide her way. Really intriguing storyline if you ask me.

As for movies I am really into watching tv series. I have watched a few tv series in my life and I could definetly talk about tv series for hours!
One movie I am expecting is related to Leonardo di Caprio being some sort of badass huntsman, I forgot the name of the movie though.

Ninja'd me. What's the book series called? Also, is fantasy your favorite genre?

What are your favorite TV shows?
Last edited by rappunk23; Oct 23, 2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by XPaD View Post
hqs > books

tv series >
daredevil >
breaking bad >

marvel <3

Breaking Bad was fantastic. Did you know that Bryan Cranston cosplayed his character in Breaking Bad during Comic Con? I can't believe he disguised himself as himself.
yeah, I saw it
I wanted that mask so bad
-----

but this is still the best thing I saw about him dsakasdkdsokdskjkaijdawi
Last edited by XPaD; Oct 23, 2015 at 09:24 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I will be honest with you, i HATE READING AND I WOULD BURN ALL THE FUCKING BOOKS! But there are 2 novels that i really want to read. Metro 2033, Metro Last Light (2034).
Originally Posted by XPaD View Post
yeah, I saw it
I wanted that mask so bad
-----

but this is still the best thing I saw about him dsakasdkdsokdskjkaijdawi

Yeah, I bet. Also, that's quite funny. I didn't expect him to say that.

Originally Posted by azzeffir23 View Post
I will be honest with you, i HATE READING AND I WOULD BURN ALL THE FUCKING BOOKS! But there are 2 novels that i really want to read. Metro 2033, Metro Last Light (2034).

Those are post-apocalyptic novels set in Russia or something, right? I might be remembering incorrectly.