ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Does Rank Mean Anything?
Lately I've been seeing most people in the 10s of thousands ranks (I'm a Greenbelt playing on Semipro and Intermed.) and in most cases it seems this reflects nothing skill wise on the player.

I've seen complete shovel noobs with the movement of whitebelts in the 2000s ranking, while really good people who use advanced tactics are hovering around 20,000-50,000.

Now I may be wrong, alot of the times it does seem that extremely good people are in the top 5k, but I really don't know, which is why I'm asking.

Anyone care to answer? Does your rank mean everything (It determines how good you are), is it just a W/L ratio tracker, or is it just completely disregardable?

Thanks in advanced
The rank system is a bit weird here. If you beat someone a couple of times in a row, you kind of steal their rank if it's better than yours. So the only way you'll get a better rank is to play against better ranked people. And also, no, rank does not mean anything to most people as it hardly is accurate most of the time.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Thanks for the answer.

And yeah I've been losing alot lately (I've been messing with new openers and really bizarre moves) yet my rank hasn't gone down the slightest (It's been at about 10,000 since I got lucky and beat a black belt player).
Rank and modrank means nothing. Noobclap alot in wushu and you'll quickly get to 150 or so.
"Consumatum Est"
Rank means even LESS than belt.

The #1 ranked player in Toribash got that way from farming bad players in Shaolinsoccer and a bit of pendulum jumper.

Let that sink in
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Skylarrr View Post
The rank system is a bit weird here. If you beat someone a couple of times in a row, you kind of steal their rank if it's better than yours. So the only way you'll get a better rank is to play against better ranked people. And also, no, rank does not mean anything to most people as it hardly is accurate most of the time.

They steal it only if you got over opponent's elo.
lrn2elorating

Yes it means
rank is love rank is life

Apathetic User