ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Cercopes' Signature Dump
Will be posting my most recent signatures here, hoping for some C&C.

Last edited by Cercopes; Jul 4, 2010 at 12:07 AM.
*Did the first one in the art board*

So anyways, the second one is probably my least favourite out of the three. Mainly due to the floating head syndrome!

Never, ever just use the head as a focal point, always show some neck or the rest of the body. Can't really remember why but it does look kind of strange.

The depth in that tag was also quite off. The focal looked really flat. I tend to try and keep all effects off the face of my focal.

The tag is also kind of bland, could have really used a few more effects and colours.

Loooove the third one. Really nice effect with the guitar.

However, you're kind of having the undefined focal problem again, mainly on the left side of his face. You're kind of over-blending if you get what I mean.

The lighting is also kind of off. The lightest part of the sig is on his right hand side but the lightest part of his face is on his left. Remember to make sure your lighting is as natural as possible.

This sig is also kind of bland but it does have a really nice feel to it. I hope you try experimenting with a few more effects eg, fractals, c4ds and keep playing with clipping masks. That effect on the last one is so hawt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by surf View Post
*Did the first one in the art board*

So anyways, the second one is probably my least favourite out of the three. Mainly due to the floating head syndrome!

Never, ever just use the head as a focal point, always show some neck or the rest of the body. Can't really remember why but it does look kind of strange.

The depth in that tag was also quite off. The focal looked really flat. I tend to try and keep all effects off the face of my focal.

The tag is also kind of bland, could have really used a few more effects and colours.

Loooove the third one. Really nice effect with the guitar.

However, you're kind of having the undefined focal problem again, mainly on the left side of his face. You're kind of over-blending if you get what I mean.

The lighting is also kind of off. The lightest part of the sig is on his right hand side but the lightest part of his face is on his left. Remember to make sure your lighting is as natural as possible.

This sig is also kind of bland but it does have a really nice feel to it. I hope you try experimenting with a few more effects eg, fractals, c4ds and keep playing with clipping masks. That effect on the last one is so hawt.

Thanks for the C&C again,
When I try to add a focal using some strategies such as blur and sharpen it makes the background look like shit and I try not to use many C4Ds as I'm not that great with them but have been practicing.
I'll take this stuff into consideration while making my next sig.
Just use a light blur, I normally use something like 0.3 gaussian blur. When using C4Ds, just fiddle with blending modes, erase bits that are distracting. Make sure you find some nice ones as well. Stinky666 had a pack of about 600 really nice ones and I can't remember who made 'em but there's a pack called 'biolumenese' that are really nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You're eye fails then, how can you not notice the focal ,_,
I would've liked CnC though :V