ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Ö_Ö]Your Weekly Drawing Competition week 8 - Futuristic devices

It's time for the weekly "Draw an <INSERT CRAZY OBJECT HERE>" series. Proudly brought to you by Ezeth, together with the rest of GATA. This is the weekly drawing competition number 8.

Every week we will be releasing a new drawing event for you to participate in. This competition will last from this monday to next monday

This week: Futuristic devices

We want you to create some awesome futuristic devices, doesn't matter what type of devices they are, it can be everything from automatic gum chewer to autopiloted killing robot

• This is to be completely hand-drawn(Not a photoshopped image) [This does not mean you may not draw it in PS/GIMP]
  • No stealing other contestant's work.
  • Max 3 Entries per person.
  • You may use a reference picture, but it must be posted along with your entry.
  • Max 800X800 pixel entries.
  • Entries must be made for this event.
  • If you decide to hand-draw yours and scan it in, you must sign your work with your username.

We're giving 15,000 TC to the 1st place entry holder.
We're giving 10,000 TC to the 2nd place entry holder.
We're giving 5000 TC to the 3rd place entry holder.

Last weeks results:

1. KungFuJC with his entry
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/5...ycatcolour.jpg
2. blackbird1 with his entry
http://i36.tinypic.com/51apgg.png
3. chow11 with his entry
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2477/...63b5596e_o.jpg
yes octane, that gave me the idea, and also the movie XD, its very similar XD.
And for kunfu, first i drew a cute cat(true), well, not so cute, but, a cat. and then i "robotized" it.

What does btw mean?
Last edited by pipezubi; Nov 11, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
for your information I have just put a second entrie, it is in the first page with my other robot
UNIBASH
very nice shading, it looks alot like the optimus prime movie poster.

I spent lunch time doing a quick speedpaint for this, my futuristic devise is a mobile toaster! Toast on the Go! even in the most extreme conditions, this guy will get it to you when you most need toast!
Last edited by KungFuJC; Nov 13, 2009 at 01:55 PM.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
Originally Posted by blackbird1 View Post
yeah, I never saw that picture, but I took the idea from the movie

Your imaginations pretty damn accurate then... >_>

I wasn't going to say anything more as it was pretty obvious and it wasn't like you passing it off as completely yours. Even so the shading was nice.

But since you did actually go on to say that I've had prompts from ppl. You know you could have gone the other way and said you used it as a base instead.

I did wonder why I was being informed but I guess I am also apart of GATA and there in lies the responsibility? lol
I actually quite like that there's some more arty stuff like these comps and people put in a good amount of effort. Even tho mine was abit rubbish it was still fun but I don't think this keeps it fun.
Still your shadings nice.
-=[Shop]=-
JC I think if you put a new face on your mobile toaster you'd have a pretty good chance of winning. Instead of a screen something more Terminator-esque. I love the colored bands that break up the gray of the robot. Awesome drawing.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
Nawh I think the ROBOCAT is gonna win lol, it looks way swisher. cheers tho. Plus is has a nice composition with environment. where as mine doesnt even have a Shadow noooooooooo! *just noticed lol*
Last edited by KungFuJC; Nov 13, 2009 at 06:02 PM.
-=[Shop]=-
ok, I didnt copy it from that one, but it is truth, is the same position, only colours are different, for your information I wanted to tell you that the robot is a cartoon, and my lttle brother have lots of real cartoons, so I copy that one, he is full of them.....

but it doesnt matter I take it now..
UNIBASH