Ranking
Original Post
Hey mat

I was wondering if toribash next is going to revamp the physics which we will have to adapt to, or it will be a minor change that wont have a massive effect on how the body moves.
[insert generic quotes from certain players]
Originally Posted by Legendexpe View Post
Hey mat

I was wondering if toribash next is going to revamp the physics which we will have to adapt to, or it will be a minor change that wont have a massive effect on how the body moves.

i'll be talking about that in my next video. Coming very soon.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
I have few years of experience in Unity, I wonder how toribash next will handle it's physics as Unity can give different results with same starting condition and considering how toribash works and how repetitive the moves are small deviation can have huge impact on the outcome.
I'm even more curious on how they will handle physics over net, I believe it can be done but it must be quite a pain in the butt.
Anyways, I'm excited that a game that I've spend so much time on will have next version on engine that I make my own projects with ^^. Will drop a huge edit whenever it comes out.
~RIP [Vector], Shikkumo's butthole
Replays, Videos
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
yes you can use C++ in unity, and @War_hero.

He switched to Unity because it allows more than the engine toribash Runs on. Pulls out more stops.

and leaves behind certain bugs and just poor quality of the physics.

Sure you can make a c++ dll and use that but it's not really the same.

Please just don't use unity physics, it's really not good enough for toribash. I'd recommend Bullet3d but it's obviously late for that

What do you mean "pulls out more stops?" I worked on the toribash engine and there weren't a lot of "limitations" besides the physics lib being relatively slow and the organization being terrible.

I can see wanting to leave behind some old bugs but toribash has way better physics than anything I've seen from unity
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
War_Hero, you have completely dispelled my illusions of how good TBNext physics is going to be :'c
RELAX ALL
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
I can see wanting to leave behind some old bugs but toribash has way better physics than anything I've seen from unity

I guess someone forgot to give you the TB Next alpha key.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
I guess someone forgot to give you the TB Next alpha key.

yeah like the physics are pretty good from what i've seen and played. And still improving. have some trust WarHERO. have some trust in the devs and Wave off your low expectations. Ur Makin People antsy.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
yeah like the physics are pretty good from what i've seen and played. And still improving. have some trust WarHERO. have some trust in the devs and Wave off your low expectations. Ur Makin People antsy.

most of us have already seen the physics from your videos and tb next sucks, gonna be a total waste of time
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
I mean yeah War_Hero, you silly game developer (ha who even heard of Halo) and ex Toribash dev in particular, wave off your low expectations!

Jokes aside, can't really speak for hampa on engine choice and other stuff as tbn is still mainly being developed by him alone, but one of reasons to choose Unity over physics-focused game engines was that it allows super simple porting to other platforms. Current Toribash code is also pretty convoluted, so doing a complete overhaul instead of trying to refactor it imo is a good way to go about the new game (e.g. now when we have to do some minimal updates Dranix can sometimes spend more time trying to make everything not fall apart than he would on just adding new stuff - and exact same thing applies to game server).
There obviously are other engines with similar possibilities as of Unity's (and also have full C++ support), but you'd need to ask hampa why he went with it specifically. But yeah, it's much better than what we use now anyway - especially when you consider character/environment customization possibilities.
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
most of us have already seen the physics from your videos and tb next sucks, gonna be a total waste of time

they aren't finished yet? You don't look at something mid production and judge it as a final product or even being compared to the final product, Hampa has said that fun, fast, smooth, stable gameplay is his top priority and i'm sure he wouldn't release anything he isn't sure about.

"toribash next sucks?" toribash next isn't even done yet.