Toribash
That isn't the point... if you're down in aikido you still have to get points, and you can still get DMs

Are you trying to say the situation of being down by points never occurs? This isn't a how to look good in aikido. Its how to win.
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
err.. you really miss my point.

as i said, in my point of view aikido is meant to be played like aikido, means redirecting attack, using throws and such, but not damaging the opponent directly.

Originally Posted by wikipedia
Aikido is performed by blending with the motion of the attacker and redirecting the force of the attack rather than opposing it head-on. This requires very little physical strength, as the aikidōka (aikido practitioner) "leads" the attacker's momentum using entering and turning movements. The techniques are completed with various throws or joint locks

this is the point of aikido.

damaging and getting points make sense if you play abd, but abd is not aikido. this is messaround.tbm.

check out 2 my replays as references to "my view on how to play aikido"

something like this
or this
common throw.rpl

ALL the stuff you just described goes fine for abd. BUT not classic aikido.

i even made an org days back to critize the way to play aikido which you described now.

ah, btw, never was a fan of cheap wins. no matter what the mod.
Last edited by snake; Jun 13, 2012 at 06:23 AM.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
I understand what snake is saying. Most of this doesn't adapt to normal aikido. most of the ways you can stop a lift in aikido big dojo are useless in normal dojo, dms are all still the same in my opinion. Suplexing is somewhat easier and harder at the same time on normal. I say this because if you get a good suplex its less likely to be saved due to you going out the dojo but, if the suplex is stoped and were you would normally save the elbow bend by falling on your wrists wouldnt work because your hands would fall out of the dojo. this is the same for stoping a suplex/lift. anyways nice tut for big dojo, didnt think anybody would ever post anything like this.
Great tutorial the only thing I noticed missing was stance ... Spreading your legs at the start to avoid being flipped or turned sideways
Cheap ass steam games,https://www.g2a.com/r/samuel_night
Thanks for posting this before i thought i was so good at akido now im much better i improved alot of this. The counter shovel part really helped me thank you very much =]
l AOD founder l
Reflexz Co founder
This is a great tutorial! I love aikido and actually learned something from this, this is definitely not just for new people. Can't wait to try some of these out
Now I did the shoveling, and I got crucified for it.
What do I do?
When I joined the intermediate server everyone left the room
Last edited by unslaad1218; Aug 9, 2014 at 10:42 AM.
Originally Posted by unslaad1218 View Post
Now I did the shoveling, and I got crucified for it.
What do I do?
When I joined the intermediate server everyone left the room

It's okay, they're just mad that they cant counter it. Tell them to read the Tut xD
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...