ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
History of Ukraine in 10 minutes

Well, I was impressed after I watched 23 of Timothy Snyder's classes lectured in Yale on Making of Modern Ukraine, but this may surpass it.
I still remember The Neolithic Revolution and how it affected my life, truly sad.
GLORY FOR UKRAINE
Pretty crazy that you can condense thousands of years into a ten minute video lol. I like the wojaks. My family is also from Ukraine and my dad left in the 70's. My grandparents lost pretty much their entire families in that one frame for ww2.
🫷🦚🫸
Originally Posted by sirkill1 View Post
Pretty crazy that you can condense thousands of years into a ten minute video lol. I like the wojaks. My family is also from Ukraine and my dad left in the 70's. My grandparents lost pretty much their entire families in that one frame for ww2.

Blame retracting attention spans of populations worldwide. Upsetting and insensitive how dense the concept alone is - contracting extensive history with unquantifiable technicalities into a short video to appeal to whatever lacking demographic it does.

No one would read a paper on history if they don't conform to the interest to begin with, well guess what, they probably won't click on the video if they're not interested either. But they'll probably be more inclined to watch the video when given the two options.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
Originally Posted by sirkill1 View Post

Obviously it's oversimplified, but it taunts others to dig deeper through funny vids like that, I see it like that. If you are interested, I really advice you to check those Snyder's Yale classes I linked in my post, it covers European history from 500 y of c.e up untill now, and though it's mostly about how ukrainian nation began it also covers a lot of European history too because it's all linked with eachother. For example Galicia/Halychyna (Ukrainian region) for almost 30 years was under the rule of Habsburgs. I like how Timothy Snyder precise with facts since he had access to Polish archives and also USSR archives from what I remember. And his speech is not boring, sometimes it more of a historical stand-up if u wish.
-----
Originally Posted by list View Post
Blame retracting attention spans of populations worldwide. Upsetting and insensitive how dense the concept alone is - contracting extensive history with unquantifiable technicalities into a short video to appeal to whatever lacking demographic it does.

No one would read a paper on history if they don't conform to the interest to begin with, well guess what, they probably won't click on the video if they're not interested either. But they'll probably be more inclined to watch the video when given the two options.

Yeah, that.
Also memes are easier to consume. It's more of an entertainment but you can also spit the point through it.
Last edited by Hug; Feb 8, 2023 at 04:23 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
GLORY FOR UKRAINE