Toribash
Original Post
Shiai currency
Due to the new torishop update thingy, I was thinking perhaps it would be a wise decision to turn shiai tokens into a currency like tc rather than being an item. This would allow people to buy shiai items via torishop, without having to use the forum and asking a gm for a prize. It's kind of a smallish thing, but, I think it may be worth it.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
I meant stuff like boxing gloves, propeller hat etc.
I created Shiai items to be items and not currency because 1. It'd be a butt to implement that, and 2. hampa didn't like the idea of it being a currency.

Shiai should, and hopefully will remain an item that you can redeem for prizes.
Done with this community, you guys suck.
Yeah, its literally the only thing you can't buy in toribash, with irl moneyz

seriously, tc, qi/belts, can all be bought

its nice to have something that everyone has to earn, isnt it?
i sell pocket pussies
[Ae]ther | cncpls | [OoT] | SR
Originally Posted by jusmi View Post
I created Shiai items to be items and not currency because 1. It'd be a butt to implement that, and 2. hampa didn't like the idea of it being a currency.

Shiai should, and hopefully will remain an item that you can redeem for prizes.

Working with currency is way easier and it's not the idea of an additional currency that wasn't liked by hampa, but the idea of shiai at all :/
The way it exist now is pretty weird as it makes GMs and TSAs so additional stuff that can and should be done automatically by the system.
So is there any chance it'll get scripted in any time in the future?
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
There are ways to implement a converter between Items and TC; which of the easiest would be to set up a account running a trading script which is checked like once a week... (Send the account some tokens and receive the TC equivalent per-say the current trade-rate.)

You can't send ST to accounts unless your a GM.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Currency is stored as a "number", Shiai are items instead.

No way to implement an automated exchange for shiai items now until that's fixed.
If it's changed, that'd be probably the first thing to add.

I was going off the economic definition of currency, and not the literal terminology used within toribash. But either way, this would help many people out. It makes it easier for the community to purchase shiai token items, and it allows for the people behind the scenes to do a little less work than they usually do. I fully support the idea, and I feel like this might be implemented soon, but I have absolutely no clue.
A hasbeen like the rest
An Automatic Shiai Shop would be fine as long as they remain a Item Based Currency.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |