Yes
5 Votes / 29.41%
No
12 Votes / 70.59%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Is Taekkyon/ErthTk Dying
So my best and favorite mod of all time is taekkyon and erthtk. I have been playing these 2 mods since I can first remember getting into mp.
Now recently there has been a shortage in players in these servers. Unless Erth himself in is a taekkyon server, it gets no traction.
But, when I tell most ppl tk is my fav. They say its theirs too. So if its a lot of others favorites. Why is noone playing it?
So down to the question. Is tk dying?
The actual tk official servers haven't been populated for a while, but I still see people playing it on occasion.

To be fairly honest even those servers used to be active only when a decent number of regulars were present, and they just kinda fell off
h
Originally Posted by Lost View Post
So my best and favorite mod of all time is taekkyon and erthtk. I have been playing these 2 mods since I can first remember getting into mp.
Now recently there has been a shortage in players in these servers. Unless Erth himself in is a taekkyon server, it gets no traction.
But, when I tell most ppl tk is my fav. They say its theirs too. So if its a lot of others favorites. Why is noone playing it?
So down to the question. Is tk dying?

I think people just naturally go to where they see people instead of waiting. Try getting two friends and go in a tk server.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐I just want to say, Hello ۩͇̿V͇̿I͇̿P͇̿۩ (Maia<3) (>._.)> PM
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic2044493_18.gif [/SIGPIC]
Naaaah, we gucci.

Order of Taekkyon was a good way to get people together for it but it's kinda fallen into disrepair.

emoney's pretty much got it, no one wants to wait for a match, so you tend to either get a pile of people turn up or no one at all.
I'll try and do some more tk tourneys... ;o
Last edited by Erth; Oct 6, 2017 at 04:11 PM.
TK TK TK

TK is not dead. It being in the ranked rotation for striking is giving it more than enough attention, on top of the public rooms (though they usually don't see much more than 3 people at any given time).

OoT is trying to make a rise and through private servers, I think it sees some play. It is still a mod in Clan League iirc, so it can't be that dead.

Originally Posted by Erth View Post
Naaaah, we gucci.

|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
As much as I wish this were true. Like duck said, its an occasional mod.
Even with the OOT I very rarely see anyone play it unless Erth is in the server.
That is just my thoughts on it.
But hopefully you are right retro. Maybe OoT will uprise again and take the community by storm
with the sudden activity in taekkyon. Anything is possible trying to keep optimism in the air ;)
Last edited by Samurai; Oct 2, 2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Order of Taekkyon is reviving as the New Order of Taekkyon.
Got a lot of good people working on some cool shit.
Get involved

/me shameless plug
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
kinda related question: why is the 5000 TC Taekkyon tourney always empty ö
[TLL]
Originally Posted by Kriegery View Post
kinda related question: why is the 5000 TC Taekkyon tourney always empty ö

AFAIK it switches between mods and generally people only want to play in mods they're comfy with.
Well, thats what I don't get. I can tell 20 different people my fav mod is taekkyon and they all will say "Oh mine too!"
So if this is true why does no one play it. That's the question that stumps me every time.
Soooooo many people claim it is their favorite mod but yet the server is always empty.
Although recently I have been going into tk servers and waiting for about 30 mins, and after about 30 mins the server fills up.
So I am thinking it is a matter of no one wants to wait for people to join.