ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Clan Update
Hi, we've just updated the clans system with a new UI and some new features.

New stuff:

• Clan Levels and XP
    Clans now have Levels and Experience Points. You currently can get XP by getting achievements and playing clan wars. War victories give you 150, 200 and 300 XP depending on game limit and losing wars gives you 50 XP. All clans have also received fixed amount of XP for their past clan wars.

• Clan Join mode
    You can now specify whether your clan is invite only or free for all. If you set it to free for all, a "Join Clan" button will be displayed on your clan page and other Toribash players will be able to join without an invitation.

• Clan Achievements
    We've added an achievements system for clans and you can already see some of them being available. Will be adding more achievements in the coming days.

We're still working on more features in to be released in future, for now please share your opinions on the whole UI revamp and post ideas on how to make clan experience better.

By the way, clan registration is now free of charge!
Last edited by Fear; Nov 22, 2017 at 08:19 AM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
I'm assuming clans will get retroactive XP rewards for all the 'icon' events (Clan Leagues, battle royale/clan siege) in the form of just an XP boost or achievements, seeing as retroactive war points have been granted?
---
(And given that winning a war can net you 300 points, rewards in the range of 10k XP for huge clan events sounds appropriate, rite?)

Yes, clan event winners will receive achievements and additional XP. 10K XP for Clan League's 1st place is about right.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
What's the thinking behind clans now being free to register?

Idea was to make clans a more common thing instead of something only exclusive to experienced players. Considering 25K TC is a huge sum for the majority of players (not just beginners), it was decided to allow players to make clans for free but add more incentives to keep working on clans to get them official. Yeah some will (obviously) make joke shit clans just because they can, but that'll settle after a few weeks. On the other hand there's lots of users who can now get involved in clans because they don't have to pay an enormous fee anymore. They can start a small clan with some of their friends then move forward to some bigger clan or keep working on their own because they already know how the system works.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Yes, clan event winners will receive achievements and additional XP. 10K XP for Clan League's 1st place is about right.

Idea was to make clans a more common thing instead of something only exclusive to experienced players. Considering 25K TC is a huge sum for the majority of players (not just beginners), it was decided to allow players to make clans for free but add more incentives to keep working on clans to get them official. Yeah some will (obviously) make joke shit clans just because they can, but that'll settle after a few weeks. On the other hand there's lots of users who can now get involved in clans because they don't have to pay an enormous fee anymore. They can start a small clan with some of their friends then move forward to some bigger clan or keep working on their own because they already know how the system works.

Thanks for the explanation. I do agree that on the player retention side of things this is a good move.
This is very good. Kudos to whoever the dev was that made this rework finally happen. Good move in making clans free to register, too. Things are progressing nicely here
--
UI suggestion: Include somewhere on the clan profile page some text that displays the clan's membercap and how full it is (eg. (15/25), (44/60) etc.)
--
Also, that tickover glitch I mentioned earlier in the thread isn't just affecting lvl 10 unofficial clans. I just clicked two random clans, Obey and glitch_, and they both had the same issue.

Last edited by Ele; Oct 9, 2017 at 04:16 PM.
Wars
Pretty sure it wont let you quit wars at all now, but besides that and a few bugs, I love the new setup.

Nice Job!
Originally Posted by tlclay View Post
Pretty sure it wont let you quit wars at all now, but besides that and a few bugs, I love the new setup.

Nice Job!

Wars time out after a week lol
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
UI suggestion: Include somewhere on the clan profile page some text that displays the clan's membercap and how full it is (eg. (15/25), (44/60) etc.)

Will do.

Also, that tickover glitch I mentioned earlier in the thread isn't just affecting lvl 10 unofficial clans. I just clicked two random clans, Obey and glitch_, and they both had the same issue.

We initially set all levels' XP requirements 1k higher than they should have been (thus the negative xp value on the bar), they'd need to play a war or gain xp any other way for it to update. We'll be doing a force check for all clans anyway when more achievements are added so that's going to be solved relatively soon.

Added clan logos upload today, clan logo is displayed on clan view page and in sidebar. Cache may not update properly if you upload multiple logos, we'll be fixing that with future updates.
Added clan logos upload today, clan logo is displayed on clan view page and in sidebar. Cache may not update properly if you upload multiple logos, we'll be fixing that with future updates.

look good!

i have some suggestions:

- clan description
- show current clan rank on clan view page
- options of font and color change (ranks color, members color etc) / or just different colors for ranks and members by default
- minimized version of clan logo, description in the clan list / or show clan details when mouse is over a clan name (example: clan logo, description, etc)
Last edited by Yoda; Oct 10, 2017 at 07:34 PM. Reason: ^
Undead
Applied some visual changes to Clan View page (thanks to Hagan for making it, you're cool <3), feedback is welcome.

Will be using same design for other pages if you guys like it.
Applied some visual changes to Clan View page (thanks to Hagan for making it, you're cool <3), feedback is welcome.

Will be using same design for other pages if you guys like it.

Looks better than it did before in all honesty.

Update: Sir the "join clan" button for free-for-all clans still shows if you're already in a clan.
Last edited by hanna; Oct 22, 2017 at 01:36 PM.
Originally Posted by Elite View Post
Looks better than it did before in all honesty.

Update: Sir the "join clan" button for free-for-all clans still shows if you're already in a clan.

Fixed that, you don't see the "Join clan" tab when viewing your clan now.