ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: do you approve of the usd dueling change?
no
6 Votes / 11.11%
super no
5 Votes / 9.26%
ultra no
18 Votes / 33.33%
yes
25 Votes / 46.30%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

but me and shmevin always send to each other and don't get heated over a loss like that so would it matter if me and him continue to duel for usd
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post
but me and shmevin always send to each other and don't get heated over a loss like that so would it matter if me and him continue to duel for usd

No. Do what you want. Just don't make a scam report if it all goes ass over tits.
With our current rules, no.
You can duel as much as you want. But once someone decides to be a dick, you are fucked.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

fix ur fuckin rules this sucks, basically u guys are contradicting your selves saying oh if u get scammed u get compensated from their acc and shit and now ur like no wth??!?
Last edited by iTemp; Sep 25, 2017 at 11:23 PM.
Stop USD dueling, tb is a game not a main source of income

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Find the hidden shovel and uncover the secrets of my religion.
-snip-

10:17 PM <~Creati0n> GAS THE DUELERS
6:35 PM <&Fear> good job reta you are now the King Admin
6:35 PM <Typhon> Gj Reta god

wonderful, the game can profit out of silly transactions to it and receive money for it as a method of income but other users cannot, that's bullshit
Why not make a currency that is only used as a 1:1 USD replacement. It'd be possible to moderate that.
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
Why not make a currency that is only used as a 1:1 USD replacement. It'd be possible to moderate that.

It's been discussed, but in all reality it just isn't feasible. Establishing our own coin for the economy to use that can be changed to and from USD automatically through our website can (and likely will) lead to a plethora of legal issues, and that's a pretty unnecessary complication to have established.
What about the Bitcoin type system that was mentioned in the Toribash Next announcement? Would that have any relevance to what Flow mentioned?
Originally Posted by iTemp View Post

Nothing has changed in this regard

If you dueled Shmevin 6 months ago, for $500, lost, and didn't send : we could only ban Shmevin. We could not go into Paypal and like... siphon money from his account. There's never been a single case that comes to mind, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, where we've ever established some sort of ratio like "$20 USD = this many items / tc to take from the account".

Look, here's Solax addressing this question back in 2015:

http://forum.toribash.com/showpost.p...46&postcount=5

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Yea so that link azzeffir posted is relevant. Also see here under the big green "2) Duels and clan wars rules"
Specific point of interest to you:

So yea anything that involves currency or w/e outside of Toribash is really really encouraged against. We don't have any control over it and staff have no obligation to deal with it. That said, don't take it as an invitation to go trying to usd duel scam people. We'll ban you all the same but if you're on the other side you'll be getting no service from us.

And again - you've been dueling Shmevin for years now. What's been keeping you guys from scamming one another? The threat that if you did, we'd empty out your items? That we'd somehow force the other player to actually send USD on paypal or another system? If that's exclusively why you send your losses to one another after when your duels conclude, then yeah, stop. If you guys continue to trust each other and want to duel for whatever amount USD, go for it.

Again, the act is not BANNED, it's UNSUPPORTED. If you feel comfortable with the consequences because you know your opponent well, go for it. We're still going to ban any duel scammer. It's not like they aren't immune to being banned. I'd guess well over 30,000 games played on your accounts mean something to the both of you, and y'all probably wouldn't risk never seeing those accounts again over a meager $20, but I don't know. That's your guys call.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!