Toribash
Original Post
This item is hidden from the public!
Ever been hit with this message?

Ever wondered why?

There's really no reason to do this, other than to prevent new item's from being leaked, but that could easily be fixed.

The issues with this system:

Let's say I want to duel someone for their Bondarenko Dreads, they are hidden from the community so there's no possible way to know if they are tradable or not. I decide to duel 300,000tc vs one and end up winning, now what? Staff will refuse to send you that item and you're left with wasted time and risked TC for no reason. This is a true scenario as well, real shitty, right?

There's many more scams like this that have happened, some with a lot more money risked and lost.

Or let's say I want to purchase an item from someone, the item ends up not being tradable and they would have to send back my tc, possibly after not checking their pms for hours and wasting more time.

This whole system was lazily implemented and causes more confusion and problems than it helps solve.

The fix?:

Simply pick and choose the item's you decide to hide, if this issue is to prevent new item's from being leaked like someone had stated on a similar thread, only hide new unreleased items. It's not a difficult thing to do.

This issue has personally affected me too many times to count, makes dueling for hidden item's difficult and leads to lots of duel scams.