Toribash
Original Post
The Market Squad Is Recruiting

Market Squad is recruiting!
Market Squad is looking to pick up a few trainees. Wanna give it a shot?

What do Market Squad members do?
The job of the market squad is to moderate the Market section of the forums, as well as to investigate scams posted in Scam Reports. While these are our primary duties, we also intervene in-game with duel scam related cases and lurk around the #support IRC channel.
Due to that, you should be aware that the position requires a considerable amount of your time. The market section is a big part of the forum and has a whole list of rules you'll need to enforce. Keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to apply.

What do I need to become a member of Market Squad?
First and foremost, you need to be active around the forums. Having some experience with moderation and the market helps but is not necessary. If you get in, you'll learn everything you need to know over time, we have a trial period for a reason. Having some infractions, even those in the market isn't a big deal. If you have a lot recent ones or you were banned recently, it will be harder for you to get in.

How can I apply?
Applications are free form so you can write whatever you think is important.
Send all your applications to one of following guys: 2WC, Daedalus, Druggedpanda, Moonshake, phail, Pimp or Powas.
DO NOT POST YOUR APPLICATIONS HERE.

What happens next?
The recruitment period will close whenever we've gotten a satisfactory amount of applications or a given amount of time has passed (assume roughly a few weeks). It will be announced here and the thread will be closed until we decide who we want to accept. Please be patient, as you will receive a PM if are successful. Do not PM squad members asking about the status of your application. If you are not contacted or on that list then you have been unsuccessful in your application. Due to the number of applications we get, we are unable to provide individual feedback on applications.

If you have any general questions, please post them in this thread.

Note: this is a pretty useful resource if you're having trouble getting started

Good luck!
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
So lets say a trial or brand new Msquad handled a scam or something and they didn't do it right, what would happen to the said person?

I am not market squad myself but i am pretty sure a full market squad would just post in the thread and clear everything up/fix the actions taken
Originally Posted by Swosh View Post
I am not market squad myself but i am pretty sure a full market squad would just post in the thread and clear everything up/fix the actions taken

Alright, that is kindof what I was thinking but I wasn't sure.

Originally Posted by Powas View Post
Trials are being supervised while handling Scam Reports.

Ahh okay.

Thank you both.
I'm the Event Squad Admin. I am also an ex-Clan Squad member. Have any questions about clans or otherwise? PM me.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Discord: Typhus#0201
splish splash Aeon is still trash
I got two questions:

1)If you do become a trial msquad, do you get powers like what an es trial would get (eg. mute and unmute players)?

2)Is the basic difference between es and msquad today is that es is more in the event region and msquad is more in the fixing scams and banning people region, or am I completely wrong?
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
I got two questions:

1)If you do become a trial msquad, do you get powers like what an es trial would get (eg. mute and unmute players)?

2)Is the basic difference between es and msquad today is that es is more in the event region and msquad is more in the fixing scams and banning people region, or am I completely wrong?

You're not so wrong. ES is a hosting team, responsible mostly for both forum and in-game events, with only minimal moderation part. MS is responsible for moderating the market area, as well as dealing with Scam Reports. Some other activities consist of changing market rules/introducing new rules if need be, sinking tc in various ways if needed and dealing with scam attempts in-game if needed, generally however, it's definately more of a forum job.
MS trials don't get any in-game powers, only full MS guys get in-game admin (red nicks in-game) as it may prove useful while dealing with scam attempts in-game. Other forms of in-game moderation aren't our field and the powers shouldn't be used anywhere but the server with ongoing scam cases.
retired
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
You're not so wrong. ES is a hosting team, responsible mostly for both forum and in-game events, with only minimal moderation part. MS is responsible for moderating the market area, as well as dealing with Scam Reports. Some other activities consist of changing market rules/introducing new rules if need be, sinking tc in various ways if needed and dealing with scam attempts in-game if needed, generally however, it's definately more of a forum job.
MS trials don't get any in-game powers, only full MS guys get in-game admin (red nicks in-game) as it may prove useful while dealing with scam attempts in-game. Other forms of in-game moderation aren't our field and the powers shouldn't be used anywhere but the server with ongoing scam cases.

Ah ok, it's basically what you like doing more, ok.

Thanks
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
I got two questions:

Not an expert in the msquid field, but I'm pretty sure ms trials get lmod in the market area, which is a kind of 'power'. Pretty sure Powas left that part out.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah sinking TC would be good right now since it's at something like 703kk according to TheAnimal. And I also have a question, what if a trial has a staff complaint made against them because they made an error in handling something, what would be the protocol should that happen?
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
I would assume that they'd get a warning since they are still in the learning process of things, as you are bound to make mistakes when learning or doing something new, don't trust me as I'm making an educated guess.
https://discord.com/channels/1111838427143487559/1125103577149481011/1190935707125043240

OG Nugget.
Thanks for that input McNuggets. I would think the same as long as it's not like repeating complains for the same type of mistake. Let's hear what they have to say though.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |