ES Recruitment Drive
Back in my black days I'd go around Clan Discussion giving the new clans an eye or two and I've seen some god-awful threads. It doesn't really matter at all though, as most bad clans get weeded out of the officiality process. In all honesty, I'm actually quite in favor of them, you'd be surprised with the amount of players that become hooked into the community because of such clans. I was one, RIP Death Reapers.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Unofficial clans are irrelevant. Still too many official clans.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Why's that?

Because it's a thread named 'Clan making rant!', and the gist of the thread is about unofficial clans not taking the whole clan business seriously.

Unofficial clans are the most relevant topic.
...Right.

box just said that unofficial clans don't hold much of a RELEVANT meaning in the forums, not short term anyways. His statement makes perfect sense.
Originally Posted by Turtlenecks View Post
Because it's a thread named 'Clan making rant!', and the gist of the thread is about unofficial clans not taking the whole clan business seriously.

Unofficial clans are the most relevant topic.

In my opinion, unofficial clans are insignificant. There are too many official clans. This is me throwing in my two cents.

Ah right, I see that now. Sorry, I wasn't high when I read that post and wrote mine. Am now though, and now I want a discussion.

How can there be too many clans Box? Why does there need to be some cap on clans?
Originally Posted by Turtlenecks View Post
Ah right, I see that now. Sorry, I wasn't high when I read that post and wrote mine. Am now though, and now I want a discussion.

How can there be too many clans Box? Why does there need to be some cap on clans?

Well, in my experience, an inexperienced user will make one clan and have it die after a few days only to make another, and another, and another, and never stop until action is taken against him. The most obvious example of this that I can remember was this one user called mmaario. He literally had thousands of different clans he'd just sprout up and slap a new name onto. I think the man had so many threads in Clan Discussion that I actually had to stop answering his PMs about making a toriclan for him. Anyways, my point is that there is a very large number of clans that get made that have no meaning or value whatsoever and end up serving as clutter.
I didn't say there needed to be a cap. A cap would be a bit overboard. Even some of the official clans do not know how to properly run a clan, or do not understand the potential of clan interactions. They are essentially missing the point of clans. Sure, having of group of friends that socialize is nice and all, but that doesn't require a clan. Clans should be fighting to be the best. You don't really see a lot of that anymore, just a bunch of lounging around doing nothing.