Ranking
Original Post
[wip] Texture Triathlon Anatomy entry
Only really shaded the face so far, all the rest is heavily wip. No ref or c/p, its handdrawn fun!

I want to make him look less piratey lol... I wanted to add a metal helmet but I think it would be against the rules. Needs to be organic ish.

Edit: < stuck in a wip so its easier to see.
Last edited by KungFuJC; Jun 19, 2010 at 11:14 PM.
[GATA Elite #2][PigeonHive]Ldr's
-=[Shop]=-
That's like the best shading i have ever seen on a tb head. It's absolutely brilliant. I love it so far.
But i think it would look better balled or something over his head. the hair just isn't flowing with it right.
Aka jusmi.
Aye, but that leaves a big space, what should I stick on his head... OOOO I know like a white hand of Sarumon! war paint is cool.
Last edited by KungFuJC; Jun 19, 2010 at 11:17 PM.
-=[Shop]=-
You know the flat kinda looks like Silvester Stallone.

Also make the eye's more demonic :3
Aka jusmi.
MMMM love the smooth shading on the face!
Can't wait to see it done
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Damn that like the best shading evar.
Can't belive it isn't a c/p but thinking about your past textures you can clearly do this on your own.
Go on finish it.
nice hair.
Oh and the shading looks so clean makes me think the guy has a pretty soft skin ;)
Last edited by Ghiita; Jun 20, 2010 at 10:33 AM.
Thanks guys, lol yeah I need to dirty his face up, stop him from using Clearasil or something heh. I can't imagine many orcs with baby smooth skin.

Shading can be alot easier if you use the right brushes if you remember what I said in dirtnapp's thread about blending.
-=[Shop]=-
beady eyes are beady
ciant chin is giant
:O

shading looks quite simple, but very accurate. suppose thats always been the key to good art. make it look easy

also, orcs have hair?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Some orcs do have hair, but some orcs don't.
The orcs that do have hair, though, usually have black or very dark brown hair. Not light greenish and even lighter greenish.

The shading on the face is fantastic, especially the forehead, cheeks, and eye area. What tool did you use to define the shapes
of the mouth, eyes, nose, indents on the cheeks, and wrinkles on the forehead?

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
Altho it does seem like I've just skipped a step... And when I myself was starting out I always disliked colour theory tuts where the shading would just magically appear in the next picture. But it litually is like that. You Grab the smudge tool, turn on scatter at 38% and count at 10% and just smudge blend the extreme hilights and shadow together... and use a soft brush to help smooth it out. I usually have the smudge tool strength set to 20%

Digital sculpting is actually pretty much the same.. you bulk on the hi n low bits and smooth them together lol.

Originally the hair was going to be a wooden helmet, but I changed my mind. I'll go with the bald war paint look.
Last edited by KungFuJC; Jun 22, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
-=[Shop]=-