people playing: 145, servers online: 43, games played: 136,441,690 Top Player: Scourge

Toribash Community » Help » FAQ
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Dec 10, 2010   #1
Dargon
Superbus user linguarum praeter Latine.

11th Dan Black Belt
Clan: RAWR

All About IRC
Basics - IRC - IRC Basics and short modes list

If you're wondering thing like: "What are channel modes?!" or "WHAT DOES THESE CHARACTERS IN FRONT OF SOME PEOPLE NAME MEAN?!" then you've come to right place.

So, let's start from basics.

Basic Commands;

Tabulator / Tab (the button above (at least in my layout) your Caps Lock)
You can use it to auto fill names. Just type first letters and press it and it'll fill
rest of name.

Bolded part is needed for that command to work.

/join #channel -- Makes you to join channels (Seriously...)

/op name -- Gives Operator status to 'name'
/kick name reason -- Removes user from channel.
/ban name -- Bans user from channel. Also mutes him.
/msg name or /query name -- What you want to say -- Starts query with 'name'

Channel modes:

What are 'channel modes'?

Channel modes are modes which Operators can set. With them you can change settings of channel(s).
You use modes by setting them with '/mode' command.

Example: "/mode #support +h Dargon" would give 'Dargon' mode +h (wich stands for Half-Operator).

Let's break that command down:

/mode -- Command to set modes.
#support -- This is the channel where Dargon is given Half-Ops.
+/- -- +h means that Dargon was given Half-Op status. -h would mean that it was taken from him.
Dargon -- The nick wich was given Half-Ops. (Also, me! \ /)

Isn’t that hard, eh?

List of useful channel modes:

These are directed to person(s):

/mode #channel +/-letter

('+' means that you turn it on and '-' means that you turn it off.)

b -- b stands for Ban. Most clients have inbuilt '/ban' commands, but you if you want to make your bans harder do evade, you should use /mode +b to make custom bans. Banning somebody also mutes him. More about custom bans below.

h -- Half-Operator. They have % front of their names "<%Dargon>". Half-Ops can kick and ban normal users, set some channel modes, but can't make other users half-ops or ops.

o -- Operators have @ front of their names "<@Dargon>". They can give out Ops, Half-Ops and set all channel modes. They can also kick Half-Ops and other Operators. First person to join empty channel automatically gets
Operator status, and also becomes founder of the channel. Founders can register their username to ChanServ.

a -- Channel Admin. They have & front of their names: "<&Dargon>". They have all privileges as Operators have, but can be kicked only by channel owner(s).

q -- Channel Owner. They have ~ front of their names: "<~Dargon>". Channel owener has highest privileges within his channel, and can be only kicked by other Owners or IRCOps

v -- Voice. <+Dargon>. User having +v can talk while channel mode +m is on.

These affect to channel:

t -- When +t in on only Ops can change topic. More useful than it sounds.
If you're hosting clan channel, or something semi-important you should set this on.

s -- Makes channel secret! Can't be seen in channel listing or whois listing.

n -- Blocks external messages.

e -- Exception. With this you can set ban exceptions, so you can't be banned from your own channel. You should avoid using nicknames in ban exceptions, because they're easy to take/fake. Safe exception could be "[email protected]" ("*[email protected]*Elisa.fi") 8Elisa being the name of my ISP.

I -- Invite Exception. If channel mode +i is set people with this can join without invite. Form to set: [email protected] (same thing as with Ban exceptions.)

m -- Moderated. When this mode is on (+m) only people with +v, +h, +o and so on can talk.

i -- Invite only. /invite <nick> to invite someone.

r -- Registered. THIS IS ONLY SETTABLE BY CHANSERVICE!

k -- key. +k password, if you wish to join you have to know password.

K -- No knock allowed.

Advanced stuff:

N -- Stops people staying in the channel changing nicknames.

l -- Sets maximum number of users in the channel. Set with: "+l amount"

L -- If +l is on and the maximum number of people have been reached this sends new connections to channel you defined. Set with: +L #channel

S -- No colors in the channel.

C -- No CTCP requests allowed.

Custom bans:
An asterisk (*) is a wildcard character: it can be replaced with any combination of characters [a-z, A-Z, _, -, 0-9].

Using /mode #channel +b [email protected], you can ban (in this case, completely disallow all privileges (including joining the channel, if the user is not already inside) to) anybody using a certain nick (or certain characters/strings in their nick). Simply /mode #x +b *a*!*@* to ban anybody using 'a' anywhere in their nick.
/mode #x +b a*!*@* will ban anybody whose name starts with the letter a.
The same goes everywhere: '+b *!*@*' will ban everybody from a channel.

There are extended ban types: quiet (~q), nick-change (~n), join (~j), channel (~c), real name (~r) and registered (~R).

/mode #support +b ~q:Ancest!*@* will mute me unless I have voice, but will not prevent me from rejoining the channel after leaving.
~n will stop me (individually) from changing my nick while I am in the channel. If I leave the channel, I can change my name and rejoin.
~j will not mute me if I am already in the channel, but it will prevent me from rejoining if I leave the channel.
~c:#channel will ban everyone who is also banned on #channel. Compatible with +e.
~r bans somebody's real name. Compatible with +e.
~R bans a registered and identified nick (see nickserv help). Only really useful for ban exceptions because anybody can /msg nickserv logout to evade a ban of this type.

Note: bans are case insensitive. Banning ancest!*@* is the same as banning Ancest!*@* or ANcEsT!*@*; character capitalization makes no difference.

Credits to Ancest for making this ban section.

Want more information?

Most of the stuff was ripped from UnrealIRCd documentation.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.

About Services:

General Information
It is important to know that you can ask any of the services for help in general, Helpserv provides information on this, to ask helpserv for help; /MSG Helpserv HELP. To get help from a service; /MSG *serv HELP or to get help on a specific subject (in this example 'SET'); /MSG *serv HELP SET. You can also get a list of the services along with all users without mode +i set by using the command: /who. If you need further help on the subject, you can check out the documentation for the IRCD, or ask for help on #support.

List of services:
HelpServ; [email protected] : Help Server
BotServ; [email protected] : Bot Server
MemoServ; [email protected] : Memo Server
HostServ; [email protected] : vHost Server
ChanServ; [email protected] : Channel Server
NickServ; [email protected] : Nickname Server

ChanServ
ChanServ allows you to register and control various aspects of channels. ChanServ can often prevent malicious users from "taking over" channels by limiting who is allowed channel operator privileges.
These are the available commands of ChanServ:[/CENTER]

- REGISTER: Register a channel. (/msg chanserv register [channel here] [channel's password here] [description of the channel here]).
- IDENTIFY: Register yourself with a password. (/msg chanserv indentify [channel here] [channel's password here]).
- SET: Set channel options and information. (/msg chanserv [channel here] [option here] [parameters here]).
- SOP: Add users to auto "&". (/msg chanserv sop [channel here] add [username here]).
- AOP: Add users to auto "@". (/msg chanserv aop [channel here] add [username here]).
- HOP: Add users to auto "%". (/msg chanserv hop [channel here] add [username here]).
- VOP: Add users to auto "+". (/msg chanserv vop [channel here] add [username here]).
- AKICK: Give an auto-kick to someone. (/msg chanserv akick [channel here] {ADD | STICK | UNSTICK | DEL | LIST | VIEW | ENFORCE | CLEAR} [nick here] [reason]).
- DROP: The channel will no longer be a registered channel. (/msg chanserv drop [channel here]).
- SENDPASS: Help retrieve lost passwords. (/msg chanserv sendpass [channel here]).
- BAN: Ban an specific user on a channel. (/msg chanserv ban [channel here] [username here]).
- UNBAN: Unban an specific user on a channel. (/msg chanserv unban [channel here] [username here]).
- CLEAR: Clears certain things on a channel. (/msg chanserv [channel] [word you want to clear/delete here]).
- OWNER: Gives you owner status on a channel, "~". (/msg chanserv owner [channel here] [username here]).
- DEOWNER: Removes your owner status on a channel. (/msg chanserv deowner [channel here] [username here]).
- PROTECT: Protects a selected nick on a channel, "&". (/msg chanserv protect [channel here] [username here]).
- DEPROTECT: DE protects a selected nick on a channel. (/msg chanserv deprotect [channel here] [username here]).
- OP: Gives op status to a selected nick on a channel, "@". (/msg chanserv op [channel here] [username here]).
- DEOP: Deops a selected nick on a channel. (/msg chanserv deop [channel here] [username here]).
- HALFOP: Halfops a selected nick on a channel, "%". (/msg chanserv halfop [channel here] [username here]).
The "~", "&", "@" and "%" symbols are used to denote a level of power within a channel:
Channel Owner "~" (+q): Can edited owner level settings of the channel.
Protected User "&" (+a): Can't be deop'ed by OPs.
Channel Operator (OP) "@" (+o): Can kick, ban, and set OP level modes on the channel, and set OP's.
Half Operator (HalfOP) "%" (+h): Can kick, ban and set very few channel modes, can't set user mode +h, but can set +v.
Voiced User "+" (+v): Will be able to talk if banned or muted.

NickServ
NickServ allows you to register a nickname and prevent others from using it. The following commands allow for registration and maintenance of nicknames.
These are the available commands of NickServ

- REGISTER: Register a nickname (/msg nickserv register [password here] [e-mail here]).
- IDENTIFY: Identify yourself with your password (/msg nickserv identify [the password you used for registration here]).
- SET: Helps you set your nick's options. (i.e: /msg nickserv set password [the new password you want to add]).
- DROP: The nickname will no longer be a registered nickname. (/msg nickserv drop [username here]).
- RECOVER: Kill another user who has taken your nick. (/msg nickserv recover [username here]).
- RELEASE: Regain custody of your nickname after recovering it. (/msg nickserv release [username here] [password here]).
- SENDPASS: Forgot your password? Try this. (/msg nickserv sendpass [username here]).
- ALIST: List channels you have access on. (/msg nickserv alist [channel here]).
- INFO: Displays information about a given nickname. (/msg nickserv info [username here]).
- STATUS: Returns the owner status of the given nickname. (/msg nickserv status [username here]).
- UPDATE: Updates your current status. (/msg nickserv update [username here]).

NOTE: Usernames will be deleted by NickServ if they're not used after 21 days have passed.

BotServ
BotServ allows you to have a bot on your own channel. It has been created for users that can't configure a bot or for use on networks that don't allow users' bot.
These are the available commands of BotServ:

- BOTLIST: Lists available bots. (/msg botserv botlist).
- ASSIGN: Assigns a bot to a channel. (/msg botserv assign [channel here] [name of the bot here]).
- KICK: With it, you'll configure who to kick with the bot. (/msg botserv kick [channel here] [option here (options are BOLDS/BADWORDS/CAPS/COLORS/FLOOD/REPEAT/REVERSES/UNDERLINES) {ON|OFF}]).
- ACT: Makes the bot do the equivalent of a "/me" command. (/msg botserv act [channel here] [text here]).
- INFO: Allows you to see BotServ information about a channel or a bot. (/msg botserv info [channel or bot here]).
- SAY: Makes the bot say the given text on the given channel. (/msg botserv say [channel here] [text here]).
- UNASSIGN: Unassigns a bot from a channel (/msg botserv unassign. [channel here] [bot here]).

HostServ
Hostserv allows a user to request a virtual host to be applied to them every time they login with Nickserv, this vhost means that your host mask will never change, so it makes using various modes (like +e) with that user, easier.
These are the available commands of HostServ:
- ON: Activates your assigned vHost. (/msg hostserv ON)
- OFF: Deactivates your assigned vHost. (/msg hostserv OFF)
- GROUP: Syncs the vhost for all nicks in a group. (/msg hostserv GROUP)
- REQUEST: Request a vHost for your nick. (/msg hostserv REQUEST [vhost] (note: [vhost] should take the form: [*@*.*], [email protected]))

MemoServ
Memoserv allows users to send a memo to a channel or nick, these memos can be checked to see if they have been read, listed, and deleted as necessary. Memos can only be sent to registered channels and nicknames, so they are more secure than a query message. Memos to a channel can not be read by a user with level less than 10 by default, this can be changed with the chanserv command: LEVELS.
These are the available commands of MemoServ:

- SEND: Send a memo to a nick or channel. (/msg memoserv send {Nickname | Channel})
- CANCEL: Cancel last memo you sent. (/msg memoserv cancel {Nickname | Channel})
- LIST: List your memos. (/msg memoserv list)
- READ: Read a memo or memos. (/msg memoserv read [channel] {num | list | last | new} (Note: num allows you to read multiple memos; READ 2-4,5-12 will read memos 2 through 4 and 5 through 12.))
- DEL: Delete a memo or memos. (/msg memoserv del [channel] {num | list | last | all} (Note: num follows the same syntax as READ))
- SET: Set options related to memos. (/msg memoserv set {Notify | Limit} parameters (Note: see /msg memoserv help set notify or /msg memoserv help set limit for more infomration.)
- INFO: Displays information about your memos. (/msg memoserv info channel)
- CHECK: Checks if last memo to a nick was read. (/msg memoserv check nick)

Credits to the UnrealIRCD Help Files, Gwie, Nathan & Voxus.

/HELPOP
UnrealIRCd has a built-in help system accessible by /helpop.
For example /helpop chmodes gives you a overview of all channel modes UnrealIRCd has.

List of commands:
Code:
/HELPOP USERCMDS - To get the list of User Commands
/HELPOP OPERCMDS - To get the list of Oper Commands
/HELPOP SVSCMDS - Commands sent via U:Lined Server (Services)
/HELPOP UMODES - To get the list of User Modes
/HELPOP SNOMASKS - To get a list of Snomasks
/HELPOP CHMODES - To get the list of Channel Modes
/HELPOP OFLAGS - To see the list of O:line Flags

cutting out the things you will never use we have these commands:

/HELPOP USERCMDS
List of useful commands:
PART, AWAY, LIST, PRIVMSG, QUIT, WATCH, MODE, WHO, INVITE, SETNAME, WHOIS, ISON, SILENCE, WHOWAS, JOIN, NAMES, KICK, NICK, TIME, KNOCK, NOTICE, TOPIC

Code:
Format:
@ = nick, host and address
! = nick from reduced @, can use @ in its place.
n = nick only.
# = channel
M = Message
* = nick or channel
/ = can also be empty
+ = + or -, I.E. MODE # +-b @
a = argument, I.E. the 'b' in MODE # +-b @
, = next thing to input, I.E. MODE #,+a,@ = MODE #chan +args [email protected]

Code:
PRIVMSG *,M: Send a message to nick or channel.
NOTICE /a:/*,M: Send a notice to a nick or channel, by adding a mode prefix in 'a' you can send it to all users with mode 'a' (or up) in a channel.
MODE #,+a,/@: Set a mode on a channel, or address within a channel. (see UMODES AND CHMODES)
TOPIC #,M: Set the topic of a channel.
INVITE !,#: Invite someone into a channel.
KNOCK #: Knock on a channels door and ask for an invite in. (mostly for invite only channels)
PART #: Leave a channel.
JOIN #: Join a channel.
QUIT /M: Quit.
AWAY /M: Set your status as away with a reason.
WHO /*,/+a: Returns detailed information on users over channels with many options. (for full list of args: /HELPOP WHO)
WHOIS !: Get detailed information on a particular person.
WHOWAS n: Check which addresses have recently been using the nick 'n'.
LIST : get the list of non-secret/private channels.
WATCH /+n: Add or remove nicks from your WATCH list, which will notify you of users joining or leaving. (resets when you quit.)
SETNAME M: Set your 'real name' (appears on whois requests as: [email protected] * real-name)
ISON !: Check if someone is online.
SILENCE !: A sever-side ignore command.

Credit for redoing this goes for Cake

Last edited by Dargon; Jun 21, 2014 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Added a few commands - fixed code
Dargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010   #2
Tonakai
DONUT HYPE

Custom Belt
Clan: NO

About Services:

General Information
It is important to know that you can ask any of the services for help in general, Helpserv provides information on this, to ask helpserv for help; /MSG Helpserv HELP. To get help from a service; /MSG *serv HELP or to get help on a specific subject (in this example 'SET'); /MSG *serv HELP SET. You can also get a list of the services along with all users without mode +i set by using the command: /who. If you need further help on the subject, you can check out the documentation for the IRCD, or ask for help on #support.

List of services:
HelpServ; [email protected] : Help Server
BotServ; [email protected] : Bot Server
MemoServ; [email protected] : Memo Server
HostServ; [email protected] : vHost Server
ChanServ; [email protected] : Channel Server
NickServ; [email protected] : Nickname Server

ChanServ
ChanServ allows you to register and control various aspects of channels. ChanServ can often prevent malicious users from "taking over" channels by limiting who is allowed channel operator privileges.
These are the available commands of ChanServ:[/CENTER]

- REGISTER: Register a channel. (/msg chanserv register [channel here] [channel's password here] [description of the channel here]).
- IDENTIFY: Register yourself with a password. (/msg chanserv indentify [channel here] [channel's password here]).
- SET: Set channel options and information. (/msg chanserv [channel here] [option here] [parameters here]).
- SOP: Add users to auto "&". (/msg chanserv sop [channel here] add [username here]).
- AOP: Add users to auto "@". (/msg chanserv aop [channel here] add [username here]).
- HOP: Add users to auto "%". (/msg chanserv hop [channel here] add [username here]).
- VOP: Add users to auto "+". (/msg chanserv vop [channel here] add [username here]).
- AKICK: Give an auto-kick to someone. (/msg chanserv akick [channel here] {ADD | STICK | UNSTICK | DEL | LIST | VIEW | ENFORCE | CLEAR} [nick here] [reason]).
- DROP: The channel will no longer be a registered channel. (/msg chanserv drop [channel here]).
- SENDPASS: Help retrieve lost passwords. (/msg chanserv sendpass [channel here]).
- BAN: Ban an specific user on a channel. (/msg chanserv ban [channel here] [username here]).
- UNBAN: Unban an specific user on a channel. (/msg chanserv unban [channel here] [username here]).
- CLEAR: Clears certain things on a channel. (/msg chanserv [channel] [word you want to clear/delete here]).
- OWNER: Gives you owner status on a channel, "~". (/msg chanserv owner [channel here] [username here]).
- DEOWNER: Removes your owner status on a channel. (/msg chanserv deowner [channel here] [username here]).
- PROTECT: Protects a selected nick on a channel, "&". (/msg chanserv protect [channel here] [username here]).
- DEPROTECT: Deprotects a selected nick on a channel. (/msg chanserv deprotect [channel here] [username here]).
- OP: Gives op status to a selected nick on a channel, "@". (/msg chanserv op [channel here] [username here]).
- DEOP: Deops a selected nick on a channel. (/msg chanserv deop [channel here] [username here]).
- HALFOP: Halfops a selected nick on a channel, "%". (/msg chanserv halfop [channel here] [username here]).
The "~", "&", "@" and "%" symbols are used to denote a level of power within a channel:
Channel Owner "~" (+q): Can edited owner level settings of the channel.
Protected User "&" (+a): Can't be deop'ed by OPs.
Channel Operator (OP) "@" (+o): Can kick, ban, and set OP level modes on the channel, and set OP's.
Half Operator (HalfOP) "%" (+h): Can kick, ban and set very few channel modes, can't set user mode +h, but can set +v.
Voiced User "+" (+v): Will be able to talk if banned or muted.

NickServ
NickServ allows you to register a nickname and prevent others from using it. The following commands allow for registration and maintenance of nicknames.
These are the available commands of NickServ

- REGISTER: Register a nickname (/msg nickserv register [password here] [e-mail here]).
- IDENTIFY: Indentify yourself with your password(/msg nickserv identify [the password you used for registration here]).
- SET: Helps you set your nick's options. (i.e: /msg nickserv set password [the new password you want to add]).
- DROP: The nickname will no longer be a registered nickname. (/msg nickserv drop [username here]).
- RECOVER: Kill another user who has taken your nick. (/msg nickserv recover [username here]).
- RELEASE: Regain custody of your nickname after recovering it. (/msg nickserv release [username here] [password here]).
- SENDPASS: Forgot your password? Try this. (/msg nickserv sendpass [username here]).
- ALIST: List channels you have access on. (/msg nickserv alist [channel here]).
- INFO: Displays information about a given nickname. (/msg nickserv info [username here]).
- STATUS: Returns the owner status of the given nickname. (/msg nickserv status [username here]).
- UPDATE: Updates your current status. (/msg nickserv update [username here]).

NOTE: Usernames will be deleted by NickServ if they're not used after 21 days have passed.

BotServ
BotServ allows you to have a bot on your own channel. It has been created for users that can't configure a bot or for use on networks that don't allow users' bot.
These are the available commands of BotServ:

- BOTLIST: Lists available bots. (/msg botserv botlist).
- ASSIGN: Assigns a bot to a channel. (/msg botserv assign [channel here] [name of the bot here]).
- KICK: With it, you'll configure who to kick with the bot. (/msg botserv kick [channel here] [option here (options are BOLDS/BADWORDS/CAPS/COLORS/FLOOD/REPEAT/REVERSES/UNDERLINES) {ON|OFF}]).
- ACT: Makes the bot do the equivalent of a "/me" command. (/msg botserv act [channel here] [text here]).
- INFO: Allows you to see BotServ information about a channel or a bot. (/msg botserv info [channel or bot here]).
- SAY: Makes the bot say the given text on the given channel. (/msg botserv say [channel here] [text here]).
- UNASSIGN: Unassigns a bot from a channel (/msg botserv unassign. [channel here] [bot here]).

HostServ
Hostserv allows a user to request a virtual host to be applied to them every time they login with Nickserv, this vhost means that your host mask will never change, so it makes using various modes (like +e) with that user, easier.
These are the available commands of HostServ:
- ON: Activates your assigned vHost. (/msg hostserv ON)
- OFF: Deactivates your assigned vHost. (/msg hostserv OFF)
- GROUP: Syncs the vhost for all nicks in a group. (/msg hostserv GROUP)
- REQUEST: Request a vHost for your nick. (/msg hostserv REQUEST [vhost] (note: [vhost] should take the form: [*@*.*], I.E. [email protected]))

MemoServ
Memoserv allows users to send a memo to a channel or nick, these memos can be checked to see if they have been read, listed, and deleted as necessary. Memos can only be sent to registered channels and nicknames, so they are more secure than a query message. Memos to a channel can not be read by a user with level less than 10 by default, this can be changed with the chanserv command: LEVELS.
These are the available commands of MemoServ:

- SEND: Send a memo to a nick or channel. (/msg memoserv send {Nickname | Channel})
- CANCEL: Cancel last memo you sent. (/msg memoserv cancel {Nickname | Channel})
- LIST: List your memos. (/msg memoserv list)
- READ: Read a memo or memos. (/msg memoserv read [channel] {num | list | last | new} (Note: num allows you to read multiple memos; READ 2-4,5-12 will read memos 2 through 4 and 5 through 12.))
- DEL: Delete a memo or memos. (/msg memoserv del [channel] {num | list | last | all} (Note: num follows the same syntax as READ))
- SET: Set options related to memos. (/msg memoserv set {Notify | Limit} parameters (Note: see /msg memoserv help set notify or /msg memoserv help set limit for more infomration.)
- INFO: Displays information about your memos. (/msg memoserv info channel)
- CHECK: Checks if last memo to a nick was read. (/msg memoserv check nick)

Credits to the UnrealIRCD Help Files, Gwie, Nathan & Voxus.

Last edited by Dargon; Dec 10, 2010 at 04:17 PM..
Tonakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2010   #3
Dargon
Superbus user linguarum praeter Latine.

11th Dan Black Belt
Clan: RAWR

/HELPOP
UnrealIRCd has a built-in help system accessible by /helpop.
For example /helpop chmodes gives you a overview of all channel modes UnrealIRCd has.

List of commands:
Code:
/HELPOP USERCMDS - To get the list of User Commands
/HELPOP OPERCMDS - To get the list of Oper Commands
/HELPOP SVSCMDS - Commands sent via U:Lined Server (Services)
/HELPOP UMODES - To get the list of User Modes
/HELPOP SNOMASKS - To get a list of Snomasks
/HELPOP CHMODES - To get the list of Channel Modes
/HELPOP OFLAGS - To see the list of O:line Flags

cutting out the things you will never use we have these commands:

/HELPOP USERCMDS
List of useful commands:
PART, AWAY, LIST, PRIVMSG, QUIT, WATCH, MODE, WHO, INVITE, SETNAME, WHOIS, ISON, SILENCE, WHOWAS, JOIN, NAMES, KICK, NICK, TIME, KNOCK, NOTICE, TOPIC

Code:
Format:
@ = nick, host and address
! = nick from reduced @, can use @ in it's place.
n = nick only.
# = channel
M = Message
* = nick or channel
/ = can also be empty
+ = + or -, I.E. MODE # +-b @
a = argument, I.E. the 'b' in MODE # +-b @
, = next thing to input, I.E. MODE #,+a,@ = MODE #chan +args [email protected]

Code:
PRIVMSG *,M: Send a message to nick or channel.
NOTICE /a:/*,M: Send a notice to a nick or channel, by adding a mode prefix in 'a' you can send it to all uesrs with mode 'a' (or up) in a channel.
MODE #,+a,/@: Set a mode on a channel, or address within a channel. (see UMODES AND CHMODES)
TOPIC #,M: Set the topic of a channel.
INVITE !,#: Invite someone into a channel.
KNOCK #: Knock on a channels door and ask for an invite in. (mostly for invite only channels)
PART #: Leave a channel.
JOIN #: Join a channel.
QUIT /M: Quit.
AWAY /M: Set your status as away with a reason.
WHO /*,/+a: Returns detailed information on users over channels with many options. (for full list of args: /HELPOP WHO)
WHOIS !: Get detailed information on a perticular person.
WHOWAS n: Check which addresses have recently been using the nick 'n'.
LIST : get the list of non-secret/private channels.
WATCH /+n: Add or remove nicks from your WATCH list, which will notify you of users joining or leaving. (resets when you quit.)
SETNAME M: Set your 'real name' (appears on whois requests as: [email protected] * real-name)
ISON !: Check if someone is online.
SILENCE !: A sever-side ignore command.

/HELPOP UMODES

/HELPOP CHMODES
-----
asd

Last edited by Dargon; Dec 10, 2010 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Dargon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2011   #4
Zinx
Chatterbox

3rd Dan Black Belt

How to connect to the toribash irc server with different clients.

Xchat: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=221820
Zinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2011   #5
+suomynona
IRCIRCIRCIRCIRCIRCIRCIRCIRCIRC

Not a Belt
Clan: spirit

For information on how to get started on IRC, please read this tutorial by Jarmund.
suomynona is offline   Reply With Quote