Ranking
Original Post
Would something happen if I empty Toribash's Cache folder?
So my Toribash's Cache folder is full of 3.45 gb files which are useless.
I kinda want to empty the folder but just wanted to ask if something would happen to the game or is it safe to empty it?
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the
even if something happens i think that u can just re download the game but as to if its safe to do so i have no idea
I don't wanna re-install the game.. I've some important replays, mods and stuff
I know I can save them in a folder and then--- meh.. too lazy
with cache folder you are talking about the customs folder where the game is located?

you can freely delete the inside of it, as it only stores the textures and items of people you have /dl'd or been in a mutliplayer room with.

means when you start the game again you will need to re-download the textures and items once you are in a room with them. could become somewhat an issue if you are playing on a data capped internet connection.

your game wont break, it will still work without issues.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
with cache folder you are talking about the customs folder where the game is located?

you can freely delete the inside of it, as it only stores the textures and items of people you have /dl'd or been in a mutliplayer room with.

means when you start the game again you will need to re-download the textures and items once you are in a room with them. could become somewhat an issue if you are playing on a data capped internet connection.

your game wont break, it will still work without issues.

No please, i'm always precise with my posts. Not custom folder, cache folder

E: Alright I just figured out some clients don't have Cache Folder. Here's an image to make it more understandable:
Last edited by MrSofty; May 27, 2017 at 02:40 PM.
Blub: Toribash -> data -> cache

Seeing as there are only TGA, WAV and OBJ files in the cache folder, I think it's safe to delete it. Nothing game-breaking will happen. You will probably re-download the textures, kiai sounds and 3D objects once you encounter the guys having them. I don't understand why data like this is stored double in the custom folders, though, and I also don't know for sure if this'll affect items that people are wearing in your replays.
Last edited by Slau; May 27, 2017 at 03:01 PM.
Originally Posted by Slau View Post
Blub: Toribash -> data -> cache

Seeing as there are only TGA, WAV and OBJ files in the cache folder, I think it's safe to delete it. Nothing game-breaking will happen. You will probably re-download the textures, kiai sounds and 3D objects once you encounter the guys having them. I don't understand why data like this isn't stored in the custom folders, though, and I don't know if this'll affect items that people are wearing in your replays.

Alright lemme try deleting it.

E: Okay so i've deleted the Cache folder, no crash or problems with players' textures.

Originally Posted by Slau
Seeing as there are only TGA, WAV and OBJ files in the cache folder, I think it's safe to delete it.

And yes, there were only TGA, WAV and OBJ files with weird names in numbers and letters, It was a cache folder overall.

I never had this cache folder in any other version of Tb though but I wonder how this happened.

Anyways, All fixed now, Thanks for help.

~Closing,
Last edited by MrSofty; May 27, 2017 at 03:34 PM.