Ranking
So I restarted that Musashi head...

new

I'm not good at this painting stuff >_>. It takes me so long to do.

Using Yasuo from LoL as a color reference. Will likely change the tones of the colors just a bit, but not too much.

Edit: Could you folks give me some tips for the nose? I've done some experimenting but still can't get one that looks nice on the sphere (Should I add a shadow for the nose?).

Also, really like the contrast on the Darth Maul head. This is a small suggestion, but maybe consider moving the pupils away from the center of the iris in the direction of the nose? If you put them directly in the middle of the iris, then the pupils aren't focusing on anything and it looks like they're staring off into infinity which is kinda strange. The stretching of the sphere can exaggerate this effect too (Only really noticable on giant anime eyes though).
Last edited by GoodBox; Apr 26, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
(>^_^)>
so dont paint.
although you do seem to have it down though, once you start embellishing things, it will start making more sense.
tips for the nose: "yolo" go mad, dont think about it too much, work by trial and error.

careful with the ear position, looks awfully close to the front, remember, its a texture, not a portrait. feel your face and tell me how long that section between your eyes and ears is.

Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
from now on bumping all threads i see. please protect me!

--

about selling heads made in gata. should I (or whoever) just sell them and then transfer the money to the bank?

you da bestest, just shoot it at aerox21 or gatabot, it amounts to the same thing.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
you go to google--type in nose-- search for images-- select a cute one-- desaturate it-- use as a ref for values.
Just wing it. Then erase and wing it again. Then go dl some one and copy their nose
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post
So I restarted that Musashi head...

new

I'm not good at this painting stuff >_>. It takes me so long to do.

Using Yasuo from LoL as a color reference. Will likely change the tones of the colors just a bit, but not too much.

Edit: Could you folks give me some tips for the nose? I've done some experimenting but still can't get one that looks nice on the sphere (Should I add a shadow for the nose?).

Also, really like the contrast on the Darth Maul head. This is a small suggestion, but maybe consider moving the pupils away from the center of the iris in the direction of the nose? If you put them directly in the middle of the iris, then the pupils aren't focusing on anything and it looks like they're staring off into infinity which is kinda strange. The stretching of the sphere can exaggerate this effect too (Only really noticable on giant anime eyes though).

Made a musashi too.
I dont get your colors, because he is human.
Somethings wrong, I've run out of ideas!
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-