Toribash
Original Post
The age old 4 player multiplayer
So, most of the people who have wandered around the forums have seen the suggestion board filled with the same "2v2 TORIBASH DO EEEEHT" thread in one form or another. I'm also sure most people know the common response "not going to happen".

This thread isn't another suggestion thread, or an argument for, or against the idea. but a simple question that I'd like to get an answer to. Why can't it be done?

Is the engine so outdated? Don't we have capable devs? Not enough resources?
Or could it be done afterall?

These questions are mainly targeted towards staff but feel free to answer if you know the answers.

Again, don't argue for or against it here. The suggestion threads are for that.
Last edited by cowmeat; Dec 2, 2015 at 12:53 AM.
Originally Posted by hampa
The current engine is designed and works best for two players.

I thought 4 players was lame and lacked strategy. It was just random.

If I do another engine I'll probably design it for 30 players. No reason to stop at 4.

I think it's the inherit design of the engine, rather than it's capabilities. I for one think it would be really cool to see at some point in the future.

Mostly just throwing this quote in to compliment the discussion.
It's the engine.
And I doubt they'll stop at 4 if it happens in 5.0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.
The engine can do it, that's why years ago it had 3/4 player for a brief period, the reason it vanished and never took hold is because TB sucks with more than 2 people in a match.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
The engine can do it, that's why years ago it had 3/4 player for a brief period, the reason it vanished and never took hold is because TB sucks with more than 2 people in a match.

What's the reason it couldn't be tried again? Im sure people would enjoy clan wars that were actually teamplay focused
You know how fps drop when 2 people hug each other and maxcontacts happen? It's gonna get way worse with 4 players, maybe even crashes will happen. I tested this stuff in 3.72 and its kinda sad.
golf
Well thats their potato pc fault and maybe their should be toggle button to make maxcontacts higher for 4 players.And I guess they will try to make the 4 body's not able to make the client crash.
I saw somewhere in thread with suggestion to make 2v2 a statement, that it would ruin Toribash, idk how, idk why, yet i know that some of us would enjoy 2v2 spars, or clan wars or just private 2v2 servers. If it is possible, why couldn't it be an option? Just for people that want to play 2v2, i wouldn't mind an fps drop if I have chosen to play 2v2. It's like early access games, people choose to play them, and don't complain about some bugs, they just report them to get fix'd.
"People, like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves."
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
This thread isn't another suggestion thread, or an argument for, or against the idea.

Again, don't argue for or against it here. The suggestion threads are for that.

Guys, remember.
Yeah, sorry. I got carried away to much.
"People, like to invent monsters and monstrosities. Then they seem less monstrous themselves."