ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Taking Gamemaster Applications now.
It's that time again...
We're looking for a bunch of new GMs to service the game from all over the globe across all GMTs. Everybody can apply. The only condition is that you can speak understandable English and are not incompetent.
Previous hosting experience helps, but isn't necessary.

The role of a Gamemaster is to moderate/police and host events ingame. These events you would be hosting range from anything from KO Tournaments to Betting Servers.

Gamemasters have ingame admin (~ next to your name and coloured red ingame), access to the Events HQ board where logs are kept and events are planned, and of course an azurite coloured bolded name on the forums so that users know who you are.

About Applying:
Just send a formal application to Uric or to Dargon, make sure you include your GMT and time periods that you're active within your GMT.
e.g: GMT +12, 8am - 10am, 3pm - 8pm.
Any apps not stating active hours or GMT will be ignored.

Walls of text are acceptable, as are basic apps. But remember, there will be many applications so if you want to be noticed, make it readable and include everything you think we will want and need to know.

If you are accepted you will be put on a trial period. This will last for 2 weeks - a month. Then you will be discussed and either made a Gamemaster or removed altogether.

Applications close on the 7th April.

Who wouldn't want to be part of us?

---

This thread is for questions and discussion related to the topic.
All posts which do not fall under either category (as example "Applied. Good luck.") will be infracted.
Last edited by sir; Apr 4, 2012 at 03:09 PM.
Originally Posted by Uric View Post
I like to see AT LEAST an hour of ingame hosting a day.
On top of which, regular IRC and forum activity.

What if we're not on the IRC much, but we could be more active on it when we're a GM? Because I never realized this, and I will start doing it now and for sure as a GM.
Originally Posted by mrLOLface View Post
Oh shit, IRC active? I don't really type to anyone on IRC as there is no reason to for me. I go on the forums however as my clan thread is on there and they don't use IRC. Well, my chances have been blown away. That sucks, I put effort into my application too.

As a trial/GM, you just have to sit in #support and try to help people/get news on things that are happening, host with others, etc.

Originally Posted by Frudious View Post
What if we're not on the IRC much, but we could be more active on it when we're a GM? Because I never realized this, and I will start doing it now and for sure as a GM.

I'd start being active in #support and other rooms now so that they know you can be there. :)
Last edited by glOw; Apr 6, 2012 at 01:34 PM.
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.
Does it matter about your post count aswell?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][-projectv] linkhunter damphir irmantasx cozzakilll clipsall xthemistx masterexploder aero lololerz kameron DONKEY KONG!

They In My Sig Only Because They Are Special. :)
Originally Posted by kingtiesIII View Post
Is my application ignored?

Patience is virtue. If you applied recently, you will not receive any word for about 2-3 weeks
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
Play it safe and send it again. I made the same mistake last time applications were open.

^

Better safe then sorry.
~ .....Want to become a Market Squid? PM me an application!.....~
~ .....Market Squad..... | .....Administrator.....~
~.....If you have any questions PM me or DM me on Discord: athin. .....~
Originally Posted by glOw View Post

Forgot to check the last page. Thanks. o7
Originally Posted by mrLOLface View Post
Oh shit, IRC active? I don't really type to anyone on IRC as there is no reason to for me. I go on the forums however as my clan thread is on there and they don't use IRC. Well, my chances have been blown away. That sucks, I put effort into my application too.

Nah, get an IRC client, set it up and keep it open whenever you are on at forum. It's just like ingame chat but 2x cooler. Staff uses it to make communication between them easier.
Last edited by Hero; Apr 6, 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Originally Posted by kingtiesIII View Post
I've applied about 2 weeks ago.

Well then you sent it in before the application period even began. So most likely they trashed it.