Toribash
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
If you can remember SVO and V2 I think you can nail the grammar, after that it's remembering plural forms, genitives, etc, and vocab ^^

Haha it's a lot of memorizing isn't it? xD
I don't know wherever I find programming languages or this more difficult sometimes

What languages do you speak yourself?
Im Dutch and I speak Dutch, English, French, German and a little bit of Spanish.
I think the best way of learning grammar is translating a sentence to you're own language, then use the grammar and translate it back. Almost every language has the same grammatic aspects, you just dont notice most of them.

Then, reading swedish books should probably be a big help, doesn't matter or you dont understand it.
Watching swedish tv or videos could also be a big help, if you have motivation.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have a Swedish book, but the language within it is far too colloquial and structured in a creative way so that it doesn't make too much sense to me
I'm glad to have gotten such good feedback from bilingual and polygot peeps

I will try to watch swedish things with subs in english when I can, I just have to find something I think I'll enjoy as I don't really watch television
I'm pretty much Arabic and know Arabic, obviously, English obviously x2, some French and most of Spanish. I spent around 2-4 months and I'm getting the hang of things. I just need to work on a little of my grammar, and to know how to say all the numbers in Spanish ^^, although I may have some Spanish wrong without me knowing :P.
I kind of feel proud of myself somehow
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
i staet watching tv sho s in a diffrent language and then i start picking up some words
Trying
I have a bit of experience in this area. I moved to Sweden at 4 years old with my family. We lived there for 5 years and I went to school in that time and was fully immersed in the culture and everything.
Parents are Aussie so we spoke English at home but out and about and in school we spoke Swedish. I moved away in 2005 and have been in Australia for 9 years straight now. So in my case I learned by immersion and integration but that's not really the question here.
I'm in Sweden atm visiting and although I've developed an accent (whereas when we lived here I spoke like a native) I have excellent Swedish still and lots of people complement it and ask how it's so good after so long.

This is my third visit since we left and I don't really make an effort to work on the language when I'm in Australia but when I do I've found reading the newspaper and watching Swedish TV and movies is the next best thing to immersion.
Good luck with it and don't give up. Shoot me a message if you want to talk more.
Originally Posted by MrDevilMan View Post
I'm pretty much Arabic and know Arabic, obviously, English obviously x2, some French and most of Spanish. I spent around 2-4 months and I'm getting the hang of things. I just need to work on a little of my grammar, and to know how to say all the numbers in Spanish ^^, although I may have some Spanish wrong without me knowing :P.
I kind of feel proud of myself somehow

You should feel proud, learning other languages is a feat that most UK people don't appreciate

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
I have a bit of experience in this area. I moved to Sweden at 4 years old with my family. We lived there for 5 years and I went to school in that time and was fully immersed in the culture and everything.
Parents are Aussie so we spoke English at home but out and about and in school we spoke Swedish. I moved away in 2005 and have been in Australia for 9 years straight now. So in my case I learned by immersion and integration but that's not really the question here.
I'm in Sweden atm visiting and although I've developed an accent (whereas when we lived here I spoke like a native) I have excellent Swedish still and lots of people complement it and ask how it's so good after so long.

This is my third visit since we left and I don't really make an effort to work on the language when I'm in Australia but when I do I've found reading the newspaper and watching Swedish TV and movies is the next best thing to immersion.
Good luck with it and don't give up. Shoot me a message if you want to talk more.

Thank you! Your kind words really have motivated me, I won't give up, I'm planning my future on it :')
Sure, I most definitely will when I'm not on a bus on my mobile ^^