Toribash
Original Post
Originally Posted by matarika View Post

also for that belt thing, thats a tricky situation because even if you worked hard to get to a low belt or worked very hard for a high belt, that wouldn't be fair to start "some" people from the beginning, and others get to keep it. Especially since that "fine" line where it switches over will be very controversial as well. They'd either make EVERYONE start over, no one start over, or provide an alternate Toribash Next Belt Progression system. Meaning your Toribash Belt will remain, but you'll have to progress through whatever belt system Next Has. I think that is the most likely, that you'll have to start over in Toribash Next, but only on Toribash Next. If you were to log back into toribash you're belt level on there will be the same.[/B]

By additional belt I think he was talking about a way for toribash players to show they are from the previous game, like a tag ingame (just as oldschooler ).

I don’t know if he meant that exactly nor if it has been said earlier, but that would be a good 50/50 between the full reset and no reset at all.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Was zurük bleibt ist erinnerung
I'm divided by the belt issue, half of me would want to have my current progressive recognized in the next version of toribash whilst my other half wouldn't mind having a fresh, clean slate to start off with in the new game.
Any updates?
Im still worried about system requirements, my TB lags when I switch on the shaders so I hope Toribash Next will be less laggy for me
Proud Leader of Vikings
Originally Posted by Mercurit View Post
By additional belt I think he was talking about a way for toribash players to show they are from the previous game, like a tag in game (just as oldschooler ).

I don’t know if he meant that exactly nor if it has been said earlier, but that would be a good 50/50 between the full reset and no reset at all.

I'm divided by the belt issue, half of me would want to have my current progressive recognized in the next version of toribash whilst my other half wouldn't mind having a fresh, clean slate to start off with in the new game.

I don't think the base TBN game would have a TAG to show you're from the previous game. (or should at least)

Because for instance if it was like a # symbol or maybe even a * symbol, or
just some like small toribash symbol idk

(because it'll take some time for a huge herd of new players to roll in)
practically everyone would have the in-game tag,

so if they were to do that, I feel they'd wait until the community becomes mixed enough for those tags to actually stand out?

I think the best way to incorporate previous game progression and hard work but also include new game progression and equal playing field is to have a way of looking at a "customized profile" of someone in game. Similar to how you can click someones name on the forum to view their profile.

In the profile pop up window, you can see information such as stats, favorite mods maybe, if they're a legend status on the original Toribash, whatever other optional display information and then maybe your belt/progression/stats on the previous game Toribash.

Because Toribash Next IS a New Game, therefore should have like some large degree of separation so everyone has a nice clean slate, meaning a new/alternate Belt Progression and an equal start for every player, but also should pay respects to the previous hard work and progression of Toribash alumni, meaning some way of informing others of the previous hard work they put into the community/game. (the In gameProfiles)
that way you're not accumulating a clutter of symbols and tags to have your previous identity recognized.

Like this will prob be an Unpopular Opinion but I think players with gold "Legend Status" should not have that same status and colored name in Next. But could be recognized on that profile as such. Because yes the've done a lot for the game, but this is a new game, with new achievable highs to made and accomplished.

I think the only thing that should be attached to Names in Toribash Next is if you're in a Clan, if you're a Moderator/admin, or/and if you're considered an Old school player currently on Toribash. (I think thats the + sign?)

Any updates?
Im still worried about system requirements, my TB lags when I switch on the shaders so I hope Toribash Next will be less laggy for me

Toribash Next is being developed in a way so that if you can run the O.G toribash you'll be able to run this. I'm sure the game will also come with a series of quality settings such as Toribash has.
Last edited by matarika; Feb 10, 2019 at 06:10 PM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
Will TBN get advertisements?

Yes. Not anytime soon tho
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Hey is there anyway a blog post or something could be started to talk about updates and developments for Toribash Next?

I apologize if this seems like the same-old-same-old but I'm just really excited for the release and wish there was a bit more transparency for those of us who are easily bored.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة