Toribash
Original Post
Using Cheat Engine to Eliminate Lag.
Ok, I'm just going to come out and say it, the reason I was able to get up to 350 fps on my Hax topic is because, I used Cheat Engines speedhack and made toribash run at 2/10th the normal speed. In simpler terms, I made Toribash run slower without having to calculate the physics and run at 60 fps at the same time. By slowing it down, the frames are being generated at a smooth rate.
Yet here's the useful part, slowing it down to 9/10th or 7.5/10th speed, can superbly eliminate lag. You're probably thinking: "Toribash in slow motion would be hard to play?"

Not exactly, at 7.5/10ths speed, you're giving Toribash a valid time to calculate the physics, and the simulation isn't too much slower. The difference will be visible, but in the long run, it will run faster than if you had collision lag.
In this screenshot you can see the fps meter says 88. Obviously it isn't putting out 88 frames per second, yet due to you slowing it down, it basically can put out 88 frames per second in the slow motion mode. I got it to stabilize at 70-100fps just by setting it to 9/10th speed.(gasp, no lag for me)

And now for the tutorial part. Here are the things you will need
-Toribash
-Cheat Engine
And decreasing lag in general
-Disable antialiasing by going to shortcut properties and put "-aa 0" and/or "-antialiasing 0" in the target box after the ".exe" part without quotation marks.
-Manually set the resolution, "-width x -height y" 800 x 600 is default, for some users, the preset resolution lags, even if it is the same or bigger resolution.(unknown)

Now on to the steps...
1. Download Cheat Engine
2. Install Cheat Engine
3. Run Cheat Engine (skip tutorial)
4. Run Toribash
5. Click on the computer icon in the upper left hand corner and look for tb.exe and hit Ok
6. Then go to the middle right portion, and you will see this:
[]Unrandomizer
[]Enable Speedhack
Enable Speedhack (there will be a brief loading, Cheat Engine attempting to reconfigure speed settings)
7. Then, you will see 2 boxes, one saying "Speed" and one saying "Sleeptime". You will only be changing "Speed" since "Sleeptime" is determined by the speed you set.
8. Enter in a value between .50 and .95 and hit "Set Speed" (Suggested for playing)
9. You should then notice Toribash's fps shoot up, and general motion slow down. There you go, you got a slightly slower, less laggy Toribash.

Notes:
-You will need to reattach Cheat Engine to Toribash if you close either one.
-It is NOT recommended to set the Speedhack Speed to a value over 1.00, then it will be complete and utter lag if not before.
Last edited by RabidClone; Jan 11, 2008 at 03:18 PM.
I did the mega hax, but just for kicks, i put the speed upto 15.0. The result was me seeing a madman in 5 seconds but my computer crashing and the fps at 4, even though it was going super fast. Was fun XD
I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!

http://toritori9.on.toribash.com
using cheat engine, i got 380fqs
<Shlimby> lol, no Ad, just stop seeing those melons
<ADTerminal> Sure
<Shlimby> and dont take them into ur bed at night
<ADTerminal> But it's where I keep them warm
nice, I got my fps up to 88!
Last edited by Beeh; Jan 13, 2008 at 06:18 PM.
Meow, I am quite a cat these days.
Even though no one knows me, I know more about them than they know of me.
I used to use cheat engine a long time ago.
I used it for Stick Arena.
Sad, I know...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Render Љ Nerfnow: Website
but is it nice to do that ? ......i heard that speed programs makes ur RAM dies

+-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+
|F||u||n||c||t||i||o||n||-||X||-|
+-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-++-+