ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
New joint movements
We need a few new in-game features.

1. Enable forearm rotating. This new feature would give more useful options in online playing,and would be useable for making cooler/more realistic(or both) replays both online and offline.

2. Make lumbar be able not only to be bent sideways,but also back and forth. This would also give new options for use while playing both online and offline.

3. Make legs be able to be rotated by 60-90 degrees both right and left without having to rotate chest/pecs,or extend/contract glutes. Just like the 2 previous features mentioned above - this would add realism to the game,and give more options to use.
-----
Well,whaddaya think?
Last edited by toribasher22; Dec 30, 2012 at 04:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You really don't understand, do you? Ask hampa. He isn't doing anything like this anytime soon. it would ruin basically all replay, since replays rely on the physics engine to work. If the physics engine changed, even just a little bit, all replays would be broken. Everything is there, you just haven't figured out how to use them. As a realism replay maker, I haven't had any troubles doing at least semi realistic things. All joints are there, as Dscigs said, and they all have a purpose, and if used correctly, you can do pretty much anything that a human body can do.

And you think being a green belt means you already know enough about toribash. The truth is, you don't.

Let me send a PM to an admin or hampa, and let them tell you a bit about why this suggestion shouldn't be suggested.
I think it should be changed its been the same forever but little changes at a time I only like the arm twisting tho... Although it would take a lot of work from nabi to even change a tiny thing, and all those people that saying toribash is already realistic are talking crap(not that I think it would be better realistic)
Cheap ass steam games,https://www.g2a.com/r/samuel_night
I do also want more realism in this game but I think this is how toribash works and its gameplay.

And also Wesmrocks has a point here.
Originally Posted by Wesmrocks View Post
it would ruin basically all replay, since replays rely on the physics engine to work.

If these will be implemented, everything directly related to how the game is played should be renewed and will be left in history.

For a green belt, I assume you haven't develop much of speed in playing, then how would you manage to think and control all those joints in MP (esp. in quick aikido)?
~knight zero~
Originally Posted by toribasher22 View Post
Oh really?
I don't think. Whenever i watch those "realistic" replays,no matter how realistic they really are,i still see some things(I'm not talking about decaps and fractures here),that are NOT realistic.

WE NEED these changes.
-----
"Modifying the physics engine isn't really an option, and would be even less worth it if these were the changes."
I dont think so.
And by the way,it wouldn't make the game much more complicated. A few more options that give more realism would be only beneficial.
-----

Maybe it would make the game more complicated,but it would be beneficial.
And yes,no matter how good you are at the game,your replays are NOT going to be realistic,if you keep the game's engine the way it is. Even the most realistic replays are NOT realistic. It's evident,if you look closer to the way body parts move.

And for the record,just in case if you think,that I'm a noob - I'm NOT,because toribasher22 is just an account i made to be able to post messages in forums. The account,that I actually use is Asskicked6,and i have the green belt. I've seen enough of this game.

And i can tell you - this game NEEDS these changes,because these changes will make it even greater than it is now!!!!
-----

I mentioned the lumbar because our backs bend forward and backward not only where the abs are. Abs are not sufficient.

well, u made 139 multiplayer matches and u play since jul.
this means u either dont play much multiplayer or ur just inactive.

i made a total of 8150 multiplayer matches (a total of 58 times more then u.) and i play since Feb. 2009...

now u see the diffrence? youre just not very epxperiend with the game physics and u think u would make it easier if u change them?nope. it would make it just much more harder to make good stuff, because u have to think alot more (what does which joint, why etc.)
that will make the start for EVERY player MUCH more harder. much people dont like it to play a game which is so ridiclious hard from the beginning.. they just want fun, if u dont understand the game u cant have fun with it.

actually toribash got good physics, which allow an EPIC playstyle.. and this play style isnt meant to be absolutley real. its meant to have fun and to play good at all.
yea, toris look a bit like human and they move like them, but thats just that people can start easier and understand how they work, hampa also could made the toris with 4 arms and 4 legs, would u still suggest "more realism"? but thats not the point i want to say.
toribash is a game which needs skill and practice, toribash is there for playing versus and ripping your oppent just as much parts as u can off.
that some people start making realism replays, runs etc. is just something which is ABLE to not a MUST to.

i just mean : realism is not the point of toribash. so we dont need more realism, if u would suggest an engine which would make the MAIN playstyle of toribash (fighting) more better, feel free it is welcome to the community! instead of changing some stuff which isnt needed.
u understand it now?
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Iv'e played for half a year now almost black belt. By making those changes
it would just make it harder for everyone.
[Oh Damn]
I vote "No" joints already fixed and stable . If you want some interest, just make mod with changed joints.
Free Style Sparrer
Toribash's simplicity yet ability to make so many complex moves is what makes it so good.
oh yeah
I would be interesting to have more options for joint movements but there are alot of vailid points on why this should not be done . Maybe at some point in the future hampa will change the tori's features. The only thing that I would like to see changed on the Tori's body is the arms , cylinders people lol not rectangles . I have tried to change this by body modding but it always seems to glitch.
Agreed this is pointless as previously stated you're only a green belt I highly doubt you even grasp the importance of each joint movement now because abs saves lives just as any other part of a tori. Any new options once again as previously stated would only steepen the learning curves turning away new users, the joints and options allotted now are at their peak imo and altering this formula will be fixing something that isn't broken.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
I couldn't have stated it any better than AzureMage. This would be fixing something that isn't broken.