Ranking
Original Post
Add motionblur and servers changes...
Hello , I was thinking about some realistic and helpful ideas for TB 4.4 or 4.5 . For increase gameplay realism Hampa could add motionblur option.

And a big server changes that will help many peoples from other contries like Brazil , russia , etc , is: Create servers choosing a main country , with the command /country [Name of the country] (i.e /country spain) Then it will show in the Multiplayer list : Desc | Room | Mod | Players | MinBelt | MaxBelt | Country |

If you couldn't undertand my perfect english , this should be more simple:

- Adding motionblur
- Adding server's country (i.e brazil)
Last edited by suomynona; Jan 2, 2013 at 01:25 AM.
YOLO SWAG XD
Oh wait, I am mixing up something. Nevermind.

Thank you though.
"I am now officially a pirate." ~Gamer.
Originally Posted by ViperTech View Post
Beside that motionblur is always powerhungry, would hurt FPS badly if not shut off etc.

Naah, motion blur isn't bad if it's handled correctly. Thus the pixelshader route. It'd be handled by hardware, only has like 4 or 5 calculations to do per frame and it's done post, so the "hard work" has already been done.

They joys of doing something directly with hardware.

Originally Posted by MrPirate View Post
Doesn't the raytracing already use pixel shader 3?

TB's current shaders are vertex. Pixel shaders are older thus supported by more hardware.

These days hardware is listed with a "unified shader" version number. So if it says it's 4 then that means it can do PS4 + VS4.

Motion blur can be done with PS3 easily. A lot of cool effects could be done if TB had support for PS, you could even make it look like one of those FX spam filled videos with next to no performance hit.
Last edited by SkulFuk; Jan 3, 2013 at 04:38 PM.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Oright SkulFuk. Seems that I just had the CGI and not game development in mind. At CGI motionblur (real 3D motionblur, not post image motionblur) always is a timekiller because of additional calculations.
Check my Soundcloud ;)