ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Grab threshold
I know this is ragdoll physics, and not everything is supposed to be realistic.
However, I think it would be a neat mod/game rule in which grip will be lost after a certian amount of pressure is met. This would be neat for breaking out of holds or pin downs.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 9, 2014 at 10:39 PM.
Just DM the wrist. If you can't DM it then contract wrists (it gives you more control).
blue
pink
Originally Posted by Bad80 View Post
Its me Bad80. I think breakable grab will be more realistic make TB harder than before

great idea!

introducing breakable grab mechanics will exclude terrific issue as doublegrabs, which cause alot of annoyance in aikido mods.

if we got used to something it doesn't mean it's good.
for example people in stone age were used to eat any kind of crap, while right now we are not so desparate.

as option ofc, support entirely
After reading snakes post, I guess double grabs have been annoying. I would like to support but I think the ungrab method needs a certain amount of force to ungrab. This could make for some more professional gameplay. The less force needed to ungrab, the more skill is needed to control your self with the right movement.

~Supported Like A Motherfucker! (That sentence could be taken the wrong way)
blue
pink
I'm with Bat and Redundant on this one, it'd have to be an option that could be set, the same way the dm and frac thresholds can be set. That way Aikido can keep doin what it's doing, but it'd be another option for new or different mods.

Supported
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
Just like "random dms" now... "RANDOM GRAB BREAKS"!!! I think the traditional Toribash grab mechanics are way more fair. Unsupported.
[SIGPIC]hh[/SIGPIC]
Pyro | MF | GerU | Electric | Revel | Essence
*Ahem* Dm the wrist. this is a bad idea but yet a god idea at the same time. Of course you can just Dm the wrist which isnt the hardest thing in the world. but. grab breaks could help in situations where in aikido you're in an arm lock and you need to get free. But overall there would be more reasons against grab breaks than there is to have them. just bhecuase a market squad member supports it that dosent mean its 100% fool proof. This function will DEFINATALLY cause many glitches regardless of what bugs hampa patches this function is very sketchy and would mess up alot of important matches (Event matches, Clan wars/leauges, duels etc.) Overall it is a stupid idea that would cause glitches and just mess everything up.

~not supported

Originally Posted by Master View Post
would mess up alot of important matches (Event matches, Clan wars/leauges, duels etc.) Overall it is a stupid idea that would cause glitches and just mess everything up.

~not supported

Originally Posted by snake View Post
if we got used to something it doesn't mean it's good.

just meh
okay, the whole current grab system is messed up. solid line connection aswell as inability to break ALWAYS tend to deform players during doublegrab (shoulders missplacement, torso deformations and so on) and don't forget the increase ammount of force when grab applied, what makes it possible to dm, while grab should work more like a tool to absorb force.

part of this issue is solved with breakable grabs

another part is solved with grab implementations (ball socket axis connection instead of solid line, and some tweaking to make sure grab atleast doesnt cause increase of force applied, while ideal able to absorb force)

ofcourse, changing this mechanics will change actual meta, but it will add way more possibilities and depth to game.

with breakable grabs, shovel would not be so fatal aswell as torso grabs, since you will be able to break it, fucking up opponents torso by simple grab would not work that good, so the matches will be infact less glitchy and will allow more space to advance skillwise.

current grab system was created in 2006. it's no doubt outdated.
So if a 2-way grab was harder to break than a one way grab, this would make an enormous difference to what aikido is today.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore