Toribash
Or you could always buy a 50$ computer and spend 500$ on super "watercooling" it.(mineral spirits) And it will be a really nice computer. The sorrority at my brother's school has a computer from the 90's and it can run crysis on full settings, it made me lol soooooo much when he told me.
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
Or you could always buy a 50$ computer and spend 500$ on super "watercooling" it.(mineral spirits) And it will be a really nice computer. The sorrority at my brother's school has a computer from the 90's and it can run crysis on full settings, it made me lol soooooo much when he told me.

Water cooling doesn't cost $500 and it can't increase preformance THAT much.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
It did and it amazed me. And i was overemphasizing the price which was rather pointless... like 200$ maby more with the tank.
And I was talking about the one were you take a fishtank and dump the 50gal of mineral spirits into it and overclock everything up to 3x. I dont know the specifics but I remember seeing it on www.instructables.com
Last edited by Yourface; Nov 13, 2009 at 02:06 AM.
I think it was a vat of mineral oil through a refrigerant.

Getting the most clockspeed out of a processor is good and all that, but when I'm gaming, I tend to hover more on reliability over speed. I can have the fastest gnarliest computer out there, but in the end its jack diddly if it shorts out or blows up in my face... MASSIVE LAG MAN
Oh... how that reminds me of something a long time ago when I was playing Deer Hunter 4 ... I was playing it and I heard a really loud boom; it was the power supply, most likely because it was an old one that was never reliable.
Idk about Canada, but you can build a pc for cheap. First you will want the essentials, like motherboard and processor. And don't forget the HDD. If it's a gaming pc, you'll want a decent graphics card. I would reccommend 512mb-1gb. You will then want to get RAM. If you are 64bit, get 4gb. That should be enough to play the latest games. And don't forget a good cooler. I would recommend shopping around, getting the best you can buy, in your price range of course. Now, you will want a sound card, to blast your ears out. Then a good case, and the rest of the stuff is self-explanatory...If you are a computer nerd like me. Remember, google is your friend.
WHERES THE PAPER TOWELS
Holy shit, one of those iBUYPOWER computers would look really out of place in my living room, but for a kick ass computer it's so much cheaper than a store bought one. Sorry to go off topic, I didn't see the point in making a new thread just to have my opinion.

As far as gaming computers go, I would love one, but I would hardly trust one of these internet sites.
Originally Posted by calebgamb View Post
Now, you will want a sound card, to blast your ears out.

Or you could get a motherboard with integrated 5.1/7.1 surround sound, that always works good too.
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
Pretty sure that the i5 is almost the same thing as the quad cores, as in the overall speed... so...

EDIT: Here's that one that I just put together really quick(ish).
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...spx?ID=9874774 I hope this link will work if not I'll fix it.
You could take the price down quite a bit by downgrading the 285gtx to a 260 or 275 or the processor Or if you dont care if the case looks very good you can just get a 10$ one.
I went with DDR2 ram because DDR3 is quite a bit more $. If were ever planning on going to DDR3 then you'd have to get a different motherboard.

Investing in a Nvidia GPU that's not Directx 11 compatible is now a waste of money in my opinion... ATI got to the the top and cheaper too. Thankfully, no more monopoly, we actually have competition now. It benefits us all.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
But the 285gtx (at least the one I have) is DX11 compatible. I'm still not going to ever change over to ati because then I'd have to buy a new motherboard too... and download new drivers... it sucks to download stuff for me.