ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Computer and Connection Problems
ONE
I turn on my compaq laptop, just a normal day and....WTF? it blue screens right after it loads the windows logo, reboots, and repeats until i shut it off for good.
thats just problem one.
TWO
I am trying to forward my router, and i enter the usual 192.168.1.1 and the pop up comes up asking for username and password. i tried all the admin and password that usually go with it and none of them work.

so can anybody help?
thanks.
Last edited by Pacman; Jun 3, 2010 at 12:13 AM.
Originally Posted by ThePz View Post
ONE
I turn on my compaq laptop, just a normal day and....WTF? it blue screens right after it loads the windows logo, reboots, and repeats until i shut it off for good.
thats just problem one.

For XP:
1 -boot from the windows xp cd
2- get to the repair console and then run these 3 commands in this order:
chkdsk /R
fixboot
fixmbr

(The first command can take a serious amount of time.)

For Vista/Windows 7:
1 - boot from the windows vista/7 CD and choose the repair option.
(If you don't have a windows vista/7 CD then get this: http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/)
2 - Let it perform the repair automatically. It will then reboot. If the computer boots nicely, you can remove the CD then.
3 - If the laptop still doesn't boot after that, then repeat the 1st step. The repair process will then automatically attempt to make a system restore instead.

TWO
I am trying to forward my router, and i enter the usual 192.168.1.1 and the pop up comes up asking for username and password. i tried all the admin and password that usually go with it and none of them work.

so can anybody help?
thanks.

Somebody changed the password or the router itself... Check to see if its the same router... Ask someone who could have changed the password if they can reveal it to you. If not, then you can press the reset button... WARNING: it will lose all the configs and revert to the defaults... if you're not used to configuring a router you shouldn't try that.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
one problem. (it is an XP.) I bought the laptop from a radioshack. It had all the CD sleeves and i was gonna get the boot disk the other day and it wasnt in there. If i load it on a Vista boot disk will it load or no?
one problem. (it is an XP.) I bought the laptop from a radioshack. It had all the CD sleeves and i was gonna get the boot disk the other day and it wasnt in there. If i load it on a Vista boot disk will it load or no?

You can try. I have managed to repair a non-booting windows XP once, using the Windows Vista repair tool.

If that doesn't work, then use any windows XP CD that you can find (ask your friends), and I mean ANY (Professional, Home Edition, Media Center Edition, etc..) and follow the steps up there.
If you can't find one windows XP CD then just download a "pirated" version. It wouldn't be a problem since all you want to do is repairing a legitimate windows copy. They're to blame for not providing the CD.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jun 2, 2010 at 08:49 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
true. I found a couple windows re-installation discs, but im thinking about windows 7 ultimate. the re-installation discs I have to choose from is a Windows XP service pack 1a and a 64-Bit verison of Vista.
Edited that title.

Also, for your connection, it is the pass you made from your ISP.

I have an att router, and the acc info is what I did.

Example:
Username (made with the ISP): *******
Password (to the account): ******
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!
Originally Posted by TehCaek View Post
Edited that title.

Also, for your connection, it is the pass you made from your ISP.

I have an att router, and the acc info is what I did.

Example:
Username (made with the ISP): *******
Password (to the account): ******

He's talking about the router login for mantenance.
^Exactly dude.

That's hwo you login. Use the acc on your ISP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

it isnt a connection problem. its a forwarding problem. and i dont think we made a password on ours, unless its not the WPA key.
Not WPA key.

The password on teh made ACCOUNT.

Like att account on internet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]