Toribash
Maybe not a prize per se, but would it be possible to have a re-roll option for first and second if they don't like their prize?

the re-rolled prize would be of equal value, but the catch would be that if they want a re-rolled item they would have to take it. (ex: if someone doesn't like the first item, and chooses to re-roll and they find that they liked the original prize better tough tits and they'd get the re-rolled one.)

Might be messy, but I'm sure it could be doable

also make sure ES can't give grips as prizes
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
People want tc.
Yeah, big prizes are not such thing that can be given out on usual tourneys. But, at least, they has to be here too.
(To be honest, some announcements of big tourneys like "24h till big ES tourn" would be nice)

ST are ok, but not in every tourney. They are still special tokens, which were made special for events. Making this in every tourney and in every event transform them to usual thingy.

@Reta: his suggestion is not about how long average tourney lasts, he is about longer event - bigger prize.

There are two kind of people who go to the tourneys:

1st - people who want a prize
2nd - people who want to talk and just meet some people

for 1st ones the statements below are significant. At least, that's what I saw from last ES tourneys.
for 2nd ones prizes are not significant at all. But also, if they choose, they prefer something special.

additional, not useful info

Last edited by Tarlan; May 4, 2018 at 03:35 AM.
Hosted >3000 events b4 you even was born.
MY SUPER ART SHOP IS OPEN AGAIN
Originally Posted by Retro View Post
I don't think ST in particular is the problem here, but having more things to do with ST would certainly be something to look into. I recall TiCux having upwards of 40+ old Shiai before the new system rolled in and made old shiai tokens useless. But he refused to use any of it because most of what was available to him was not worth it or not appealing enough.

now days we have only few options of items and i'm pretty sure people don't like them that much.
ST its almost useless, after the changing a lot of people don't even bother joining the tourneys since they find a waste of time
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
Yes I have gotten decent prices from es tourneys for instance I have gothen alpha ghost, elf relax, elf gradient from these tourneys and these items are way over my qi. But these were like a year ago.

However lately I feel like es tourneys and stuff have been sinking and less popular. To me, I have seen these rare items to be more rare than they used to be. I find that more people are getting useless grips, torso, gradients, then forces/relaxes which could be sold for a decent tc price.

Yes I returned from 3 month break from tb, and I don't rlly like or enjoy competing in tourneys anymore. The reason being is prizes are straight up trash or the tourney is straight up unenjoyable, definetly not worth the time to stay there for as Reta said average tourney time of 45 min but it could go up to a max of 3 hours. Like I mean you could go to a 500tc tourney and earn 2.5k within that 45min which is usually more than the average prize tbh.

Also, staff sit in our position and imagine a tourney going for maybe two hours and you win tourney just to get toxic gradient. Like I mean I would get pissed, wouldn't you?

With the prizes being legitimately pseudo-random items like grips, gradients, etc aren't even possible prizes. I'm not sure where this misconception has come from but It is not possible to gain Grips and Gradients and other low tier body parts/colors via prizes. That being said, if ES were to choose items instead of using a randomizer then there leads to item discrepancy where you're either getting the same things constantly because of how Market prices items, or the difference between 1st and 2nd is so bad that not winning a tourney means it wasn't worth the time. As of right now there's thresholds in place that won't allow a 1st place holder to get an item worth less than X amount, and that's how it has always been.

From an ES that participates in events just as much as he hosts them, I understand the feeling of getting things that are nigh-unselllable or spending so much time for something mediocre.

In addition Shiai prizes are low key boring and aren't even worth anymore. Everyone ends up getting the items and the price of each item drops significantly after maybe 1 or 2 weeks after drop of the new shiai prizes. You could legit wait 1-2 weeks and pay 5k for like each item than rather wait 45min-3hrs in a tourney for 3 tourney to total a possible 9hrs just to maybe get 6 tokens. LIKE WTF.

The old system was flawed in the case of TIcux and other users (Even myself) with high concentrations of ST, where even if a Shiai Shop is reopened it'll end up being the same. Instead of items being rotated out monthly, you have a shop where everything beneath 5 ST is worth dirt and everything above 10 is unobtainable to the Average player. As it stands now, to get something like Full Spring you would need to win 5 Tourneys. Full Spring goes for around 200k, meaning if you aren't a dueler or highly active marketer or somebody who frequents bet servers successfully, you're SoL.

This is the general goal. To veteran players getting items worth 5-10k might not seem worthwhile because you go to a duel server and turn on duel mode for 50k like it's chump change. But to the vast majority of players, this is a solid amount that can be used in some way. Contrary to grinding 500TC Tourneys until you can buy these low stock low ST items, which doesn't feel good regardless.

Definetly not worth the time and effort. So possible solutions would be, maybe add some special items as before of like 25 Shai token items so that prices of those items will continue to be high. 2nd solution to this could be to get rid of all torso, gradient, ghost. Make 3d items, higher tier force/relaxes the main prize items; so that people can actually sell them to earn some tc or actually get an item that is higher than there qi. A 3rd possible solution would be to just straight up delete this shiai token system and es staff just make individual prizes for tourney for instance one tourney is 10k prize with a Santa hat, another tourney maybe 20k prize- these are prizes people would waste some time for, as this tc could lead to more tc through dueling, betting, marketing, etc. Like its worth the effort.

Mostly Addressed, but adding way higher tier forces/relaxes just take away from their rarity. There's a reason No Qi is so rarely thrown out willy nilly for the sake of how much progress should be made in order to obtain them. Along with the frequency of tourneys, if we gave Demon Forces and Relaxes to literally every player that won a tournament, then the value of these "rare" colors would depreciate so fast and eventually be worthless. Prizes shouldn't be enticing to a player who averages 100k+ in any relative amount of time. That playerbase won't be satisified until we're giving them Full No Qi Void for every win, and eventually they'll still want more.

Your sentiment of adding permanent ST Shops which showcase very very expensive ST items could be something that would improve the worth and effort it takes to participate in these tourneys, as well as throwing 3D items into the mix. A Permanent shop is an idea that should have never left imho, despite the issues it brings.

I feel this system is flawed and this game in general has flaws that is never fixed or is just fixed but made worse.

Originally Posted by Love View Post
now days we have only few options of items and i'm pretty sure people don't like them that much.
ST its almost useless, after the changing a lot of people don't even bother joining the tourneys since they find a waste of time

Addressed above.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
Originally Posted by Love View Post

what do you mean? 10 shiai sell for 120-150k

(if you get a full color set)
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
the random item system feels kinda "meh" to me, cool concept but 99% of the time you end up with a torso or some shit that just makes the tourneys not worth your time